Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

rod

Retired 22 years
I can see that happening (del. out of private vehicles). Other companies are doing it now. Its a terrible idea and the Union should shut the company down right now and stop it if there is any truth to this. The writing is on the wall people. Wake up.

MethodsMan

On my route there's an Amazon delivery boy who rides shotgun while his grandma drives the minivan. She stops, he gets out, slides open the door and books it to the next house.

Its hilarious, the lady is like in her 80's and drives like :censored2: and the kid looks maybe 18 if he's lucky.

BUCN85

It is supposedly going to be done in the more country routes. Apparently helping get to some of the drives that put PC's can't get to in the snow. Time will tell

Moneythehardway

What's to stop an unsuspecting criminal to use this new idea, and use there personal vehicles with a brown outfit to go into banks, offices, and other places that the 'real brown' has a good reputation and good face to go into. Or having personal cars pulling into customer's yard late evenings and getting shot.....homeowners would get off as having that happen is a valid concern/reason...The list goes on and on. And by the way, this is UNION work that their giving up. If the union doesn't fight this off, you might as well bend over and let UPS do whatever else they want to do to us in the future.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What's to stop an unsuspecting criminal to use this new idea, and use there personal vehicles with a brown outfit to go into banks, offices, and other places that the 'real brown' has a good reputation and good face to go into. Or having personal cars pulling into customer's yard late evenings and getting shot.....homeowners would get off as having that happen is a valid concern/reason...The list goes on and on. And by the way, this is UNION work that their giving up. If the union doesn't fight this off, you might as well bend over and let UPS do whatever else they want to do to us in the future.

News Flash

Ups is already doing whatever they want

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Today at PCM it was announced that during peak UPS will hire people to deliver out of their personal vehicle. Stops will be dropped off for them and they will deliver using an app on their phone. They will get paid $18.75hr 52 cents a mile and $5 a day for cell phone use. This is crazy. Doesn't seem like a good idea

Just because someone at UPS said it, doesn't make it true.

News Flash

Ups is already doing whatever they want

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

From the moment UPS signs a ratified contract....

All they do, is look for ways to evade it.

-Bug-