Personal Vehicle Deliveries(peak)

Faceplanted

And people wonder why unions are loosing support.

They won't even enforce the contract!!! And we expect to not have any concessions next contract.... what a joke

I guarantee you a backroom agreement has already been made about this topic and we WILL this in effect during peak. Watch and see!!!

Go teamsters!!!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What does 30% have to do with contracting out work and violating the current contract?

Maybe you missed this salient point;

"From the moment UPS signs a ratified contract....

All they do, is look for ways to evade it."

post #36

Thanks to TDU.... for always posting vote totals.

UPS considers non-voting members.... a bunch of punks.

The equivalent of submissive people in prison.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Easy now

We don't like to talk about things like that
Ups is the only reason the teamsters are relevant.

The way I think they see it is. Do we bite the company hand that feeds us or do bite the members hand? Well where else are the members gonna go......and you have your answer.

Faceplanted

Maybe you missed this salient point;

"From the moment UPS signs a ratified contract....

All they do, is look for ways to evade it."

post #36

Thanks to TDU.... for always posting vote totals.

UPS considers non-voting members.... a bunch of punks.

The equivalent of submissive people in prison.

-Bug-
Why have golf carts been allowed every peak? I'm all for jumpers but come on.... guys doing 100 stops off a golf cart..... is that in the spirit of the contract?

The union allowing golf carts directly opened the door to things like this. Maybe they can pay extra for guys with vans. Maybe we can send all the tcd guys back to the hub during peak and pay people 10 bucks an hour less to deliver out of their car. Let's cut routes during peak! When does it end?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You've said this before. Yet we haven't heard of this til July? Where was this a success??
it was beta tested in several Southern buildings that had issues with FSP staffing

it basically saved a couple divisions, i honestly thought it would flop the way we had it set up

i severely underestimated the number of people who enjoy that kind of part time work

Part time helper is great work. Out here join in Nov get 15-17.50/hr, 250-275 bonus show up or call 5 days a week, guaranteed 8 hour days with some 10 and 12, and 1k-1.5k end of season bonus provided you still call every day and don't take the PT job offer. If you take the PT, you won't get that 1500. I made a couple grand last season and running without falling isn't hard.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Today at PCM it was announced that during peak UPS will hire people to deliver out of their personal vehicle. Stops will be dropped off for them and they will deliver using an app on their phone. They will get paid $18.75hr 52 cents a mile and $5 a day for cell phone use. This is crazy. Doesn't seem like a good idea
Sounds like LaserShip? Have fun fitting the irregs! Lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Union better be all over this like flies on sheet

Don't send me on some wild goose chase in January with 42 DFU's everyday

Anyone getting this one in their center? They're now sending us out with driver follow ups for sure post packages that were delivered to the post office. Why am I doing the mailmans job? Let the USPS do those follow ups
I thought we pay zero claims on that stuff? Why we getting tracers?

What's to stop an unsuspecting criminal to use this new idea, and use there personal vehicles with a brown outfit to go into banks, offices, and other places that the 'real brown' has a good reputation and good face to go into.

They let this last round of seasonal keep their driver jackets and pants.. I can see that going wrong fast.