Phoning before delivery

dezguy

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Oldfart

Against the rules at our station. Just wait till a customer accuses a courier of harassment and when phone records are pulled and they found out the courier did indeed call the customer. It will be customer vs courier. NOT worth the headache.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Against the rules at our station. Just wait till a customer accuses a courier of harassment and when phone records are pulled and they found out the courier did indeed call the customer. It will be customer vs courier. NOT worth the headache.

"Phone records are pulled"? Who's going to pull them?

Oldfart

Have an accident or get accused of harassing a customer and see how long it takes the company to ask for your phone or check the customers cell phone for your phone call. If you have an accident, law enforcement can check your phone for activity at the time of the accident.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the harassment persists to the point where the consignee files a complaint with the police or hires a lawyer that would be one of the first things that he/she would do.

The harassment can also work in reverse. I made the mistake of calling for clarification for a package that had just a name and our mall address. I should have just profiled the person----it was an Oriental name so I knew it was probably the nail salon----but instead I chose to call the number on the package. Turns out it was the nail salon----problem was they kept calling to find out where I was and when I would get there. I ended up blocking their number on my iPhone.

Have an accident or get accused of harassing a customer and see how long it takes the company to ask for your phone or check the customers cell phone for your phone call. If you have an accident, law enforcement can check your phone for activity at the time of the accident.

Yuppers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

If the harassment persists to the point where the consignee files a complaint with the police or hires a lawyer that would be one of the first things that he/she would do.

In this instance no one has any right to your phone records unless you choose to provide them or they obtain a subpoena.

If they want to pursue a civil action, they would plonk down a nice fat chunk of money to an attorney who would jump through the hoops to get your records. That's assuming they want to spend a ton of money to "prove" that they were actually harassed and have some way of determining their monetary damages.

Criminal? The district attorney, if he didn't die from laughter, would get the records. Then he would have to decide whether to file charges (or turn it over to a grand jury, whatever) in an attempt to throw Joe Courier in jail for a 13 second phone call about a package.

This place never ceases to amaze me.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
In this instance no one has any right to your phone records unless you choose to provide them or they obtain a subpoena.

If they want to pursue a civil action, they would plonk down a nice fat chunk of money to an attorney who would jump through the hoops to get your records. That's assuming they want to spend a ton of money to "prove" that they were actually harassed and have some way of determining their monetary damages.

Criminal? The district attorney, if he didn't die from laughter, would get the records. Then he would have to decide whether to file charges (or turn it over to a grand jury, whatever) in an attempt to throw Joe Courier in jail for a 13 second phone call about a package.

Sorry, Dano, but in the case of an accident with any legal action, FedEx will require you to sign a release of your phone records, or refuse to defend you.
In the case of a harassment charge, FedEx will simply suspend you without pay indefinitely.
I have seen both situations happen to coworkers at FedEx. Only one of the two managed to keep their job.

Oldfart

Sorry Dano. Seems like you actually don't know everything. I have seen this scenario happen on several occasions.

The DOT or State can and will get your records in the case of an accident to see what activity was going on at the time of the accident.

Have a customer accuse you of harassment and let them show FDX THEIR phone that shows you did indeed call them and see what happens.

You can act all knowing but in these instances, you are just plain misinformed. Sorry, it happens.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

They got the call history on their phone proving you called.