Phoning before delivery

SmithBarney

Won't happen, they do automated calling for CODs and some specialty shipments.
Imagine for a moment, lets say 100 stop day and 25 want a call, most calls last about a minute or so(not factoring in stopping vehicle in a safe location, or waiting to leave a voicemail, since you know customers don't answer the "blocked" numbers FedEx uses)
So that is at least 25minutes added to your day being unproductive calling customers instead of Delivering packages.

SmithBarney

...they kept calling to find out where I was and when I would get there. I ended up blocking their number on my iPhone...

I had the same problem, so I did this for my managers too, well it's on a schedule, if I'm at work they ring straight to voicemail, When at home it rings.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Sorry, Dano, but in the case of an accident with any legal action, FedEx will require you to sign a release of your phone records, or refuse to defend you.

We're not talking about an accident, but... They wouldn't defend me anyway. They are the defendant, not me. They are the ones who would pay out in a loss, not me.

Sorry, but someone is feeding you some horrible information.

In the case of a harassment charge, FedEx will simply suspend you without pay indefinitely.
I have seen both situations happen to coworkers at FedEx. Only one of the two managed to keep their job.

Those guys should have lawyered up and sued FedEx. They would have won. EASILY. You have no obligation --none-- to turn over your phone records to anyone unless the law requires it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Have a customer accuse you of harassment and let them show FDX THEIR phone that shows you did indeed call them and see what happens.

You probably don't realize this, but proof of a phone call isn't proof of harassment.

You can act all knowing but in these instances, you are just plain misinformed. Sorry, it happens.

I'll put my knowledge and experience in the legal system up against yours any day of the week.

Oldfart

You probably don't realize this, but proof of a phone call isn't proof of harassment.

I'll put my knowledge and experience in the legal system up against yours any day of the week.
So you know the facts in EVERY instance where a courier had a wreck? Man, you are good. So if we had a courier make what the customer considered harassing phone calls and complained to management, you know EVERY fact from the investigation? Dang, you are superman. It happened and you didn't know about it. I will tell my SM to include you in every investigation from now on. LOL

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We're not talking about an accident, but... They wouldn't defend me anyway. They are the defendant, not me. They are the ones who would pay out in a loss, not me.

Sorry, but someone is feeding you some horrible information.

Those guys should have lawyered up and sued FedEx. They would have won. EASILY. You have no obligation --none-- to turn over your phone records to anyone unless the law requires it.
Posted Entry #34 was your response....go back and read what you quoted for your entry. We WERE discussing accidents. I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation and cut you some slack.
The courier who lost his job DID lawyer up and spent every dime he had fighting. FedEx simply strung him along with continuances until he was broke and threw in the towel.
Maybe he should have hired YOU to represent him!

Oldfart

Posted Entry #34 was your response....go back and read what you quoted for your entry. We WERE discussing accidents. I'll chalk it up to sleep deprivation and cut you some slack.
The courier who lost his job DID lawyer up and spent every dime he had fighting. FedEx simply strung him along with continuances until he was broke and threw in the towel.
Maybe he should have hired YOU to represent him!
Is Dano a courier, a manager or a lawyer? He knows everything about everything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is Dano a courier, a manager or a lawyer? He knows everything about everything.

Regardless of his position, I respect his opinions as they are usually based upon common sense.

I lost a bit of that respect when he was feuding with MFE and the other idiot but since the two of them have left Dano is back to adding to the discussion in a substantive manner.

Oldfart

Regardless of his position, I respect his opinions as they are usually based upon common sense.

I lost a bit of that respect when he was feuding with MFE and the other idiot but since the two of them have left Dano is back to adding to the discussion in a substantive manner.
It is hard to take someone serious that tells others who have actually seen a certain occurrence take place that they are mistaken. Basically calling them a liar. Then he claims to be up to date in the field of law. Who on here ever said they knew law. I just stated I knew from experience that phone records can and will be used when accidents or complaints were involved and this genius tells me I am wrong. I have several coworkers and a family member that it happened to, so I have seen it happen. He can dispute it all he wants, but he is just wrong.