Phoning before delivery

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
One of my favorites..."People like you who think they know everything annoy the hell out of people like me who actually DO!" If you are indignant reading that phrase, know that it was aimed at you.:thumbup1:

dezguy

I think Dano is referring to the comment that FedEx will require you to give them your phone for them to check your phone records, in which case, he/she is right.

My manager, their manager, security and Fred S himself, could demand for me to hand over my phone. Unless they have a court ordered subpoena, it's not going to happen.

No company has the right to your personal property.

Oldfart

I think Dano is referring to the comment that FedEx will require you to give them your phone for them to check your phone records, in which case, he/she is right.

My manager, their manager, security and Fred S himself, could demand for me to hand over my phone. Unless they have a court ordered subpoena, it's not going to happen.

No company has the right to your personal property.
DOT or local law enforcement will have no problem getting access to your phone if the need arises.

BootsOnTarmac

I really doubt that FedEx Security or Management would ask you to turn over your non company issued cell phone for them to inspect. As stated above: only a court order will make that happen. If you hand over your personal phone to FedEx to inspect, you are an idiot.

dezguy

Even if you have nothing to hide?
Would you let them into your home, let them check out the contents of your car, etc? You have nothing to hide, right?

Your phone is just that, yours and what you do with/on it is none of the company's concern.

If you do something illegal and there is reason to suspect there is evidence supporting guilt, on your phone, there are legal avenues to access that data, which don't include thinking you have to give the company your property.

Oldfart

Would you let them into your home, let them check out the contents of your car, etc? You have nothing to hide, right?

Your phone is just that, yours and what you do with/on it is none of the company's concern.

If you do something illegal and there is reason to suspect there is evidence supporting guilt, on your phone, there are legal avenues to access that data, which don't include thinking you have to give the company your property.
If your car is parked on company property and they want to search it for stolen packages or drugs, doesn't the sign on the gate say they have the right to search it?

So I guess if DOT is investigating an accident, you THINK they will not get your phone to check activity? Keep dreaming.

dezguy

If your car is parked on company property and they want to search it for stolen packages or drugs, doesn't the sign on the gate say they have the right to search it?

So I guess if DOT is investigating an accident, you THINK they will not get your phone to check activity? Keep dreaming.
Sorry, we don't have any such sign at my station, so no, they don't have the right to search it.

Get a search warrant and a police officer can search it, not FedEx.

The they you are referring to are the authorities, not FedEx. If FedEx wants to know what the authorities found, they can request that information, through the proper avenues.