Pilot Slowdown going into final week

danlin

Center manager said at Fridays PCM. "Possible late late air next week
due to pilots slowing departure times down on purpose- due to their contract negotiations or lack thereof". Anyone hear any of this?

U

Unregistered

Things like intentionally taxiiing at a crawl and last minute complaints about the aircraft have been going on for the last few weeks. But they are not deliberately trying to hurt operations during these labor talks...right. Time to give them what they want.

Last edited:

susiedriver

Unregistered said:
Things like intentionally taxiiing at a crawl and last minute complaints about the aircraft have been going on for the last few weeks. But they are not deliberately trying to hurt operations during these labor talks...right.
unregistered said it so it must be true.

Do you think the weather and safety may play a role in delays? Not saying they aren't crossing the t's and dotting the i's, but to post as unregistered and make veiled accusations doesn't lend much credence to your contention.

tieguy

Banned
susiedriver said:

Do you think the weather and safety may play a role in delays? Not saying they aren't crossing the t's and dotting the i's, but to post as unregistered and make veiled accusations doesn't lend much credence to your contention.

Terrible grammar

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, who are the pilots really hurting?.......Seems to me they are hurting the folks that they want to have stand next to them in their labor dispute. I doubt very much that they are hurting the company, but they are surely causing the drivers to stay out later. JMHO

susiedriver

moreluck said:
So, who are the pilots really hurting?.......Seems to me they are hurting the folks that they want to have stand next to them in their labor dispute. I doubt very much that they are hurting the company, but they are surely causing the drivers to stay out later. JMHO
Drivers are working max hours in any case. The easiest hours a driver has is waiting for air; but then you wouldn't know that, would you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"The easiest hours a driver has is waiting for air; but then you wouldn't know that, would you?"

Let's see, easy dead hours or being home earlier with family.......yeah, I wouldn't know anything about the choice they'd make.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

susiedriver

moreluck said:
"The easiest hours a driver has is waiting for air; but then you wouldn't know that, would you?"

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --> Let's see, easy dead hours or being home earlier with family.......yeah, I wouldn't know anything about the choice they'd make.
Try real hard to figure it out. You can only work X hours a day(14 or 12, depending on the rule of the day). You are going to work those hours regardless. You have a uniform scheduled start time. You do the math from there. A driver isn't going to be home any earlier because the air is late. The air has been late for years, summer, winter, spring or fall; contract or no contract. Stick to jokes and recipes; driving isn't your field of expertise. Or clean those dust bunnies out from under the furniture; they must be piling up by now. Quid pro quo, my little Xmas elf.

flupser

saw some pilots walking a picket line in front of a ups store this week. I guess they are letting it be known that a strike is looming.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Actually, the last few years the pilots have done a great job of getting the Air in on time, we seldom have late air. There is not a lot of sympathy among my fellow drivers over the Pilots pay, so I agree with Moreluck that they shoudn't piss the drivers off too much. I'm not planning to walk the picket line soon, already done it twice and now I've got a sorry Pension Plan to be thankful for. I hope UPS and the Pilots can come to terms like the Delta pilots did last week.

airman11

susiedriver said:

Regardless of the identity of the poster, these are facts, not "veiled accusations."

Taxiing <1 mph on a wet surface is not a safety precaution, but is intended to cause delays in meeting service commitments and show management "who's in charge."

spidey

susiedriver said:
Try real hard to figure it out. You can only work X hours a day(14 or 12, depending on the rule of the day). You are going to work those hours regardless. You have a uniform scheduled start time. You do the math from there. A driver isn't going to be home any earlier because the air is late. The air has been late for years, summer, winter, spring or fall; contract or no contract. Stick to jokes and recipes; driving isn't your field of expertise. Or clean those dust bunnies out from under the furniture; they must be piling up by now. Quid pro quo, my little Xmas elf.

My God, Susie. What a horrid, bitter person you are. You have much less to do with UPS than More does. Sell your shares and move on. You are not welcome here, or didn't you get that?

Not all of the drivers are working max hours, and many of them have to shift their route around when there is late air. Do you think they are standing around eating doughnuts while they wait for the air? They are on road delivering ground waiting for the OMS to tell them where and when they can pick up their air so they can try to get as much off in time as possible, now their customers are upset and their day has been made more difficult 3 times over.

I can't think of anything sadder than someone who wants to hang around where they aren't wanted. Go do something positive with your life. How very very sad you are. Your God may be proud of you, mine is ashamed of the hate you spew.

Don't bother replying, you are ignored.

H

Howard Hughes

fire the aviators

airman11 said:
Taxiing <1 mph on a wet surface is not a safety precaution, but is intended to cause delays in meeting service commitments and show management "who's in charge."
WOW, are you really that arrogant? Do you think that by screwing both your fellow UPSers and all the customers waiting for their Christmas presents it proves that you are in charge? This is a really good example of why there is almost no support for your bargaining position within the rank and file of the company or the public. You guys make 6 figure salaries and have total job security while the pilots from the failing airlines would love to take over your jobs. If it were up to me I'd fire the lot of you.

airman11

Howard Hughes said:
WOW, are you really that arrogant? Do you think that by screwing both your fellow UPSers and all the customers waiting for their Christmas presents it proves that you are in charge? This is a really good example of why there is almost no support for your bargaining position within the rank and file of the company or the public. You guys make 6 figure salaries and have total job security while the pilots from the failing airlines would love to take over your jobs. If it were up to me I'd fire the lot of you.

For the record, I'm NOT a pilot. I am simply reporting my observations.

I think that all of you on the ground side should be thoroughly offended at what this small group of individuals has been and is doing to your livelihoods. By the way, they expect you to support them if they walk. Mr. Hoffa said you would - union solidarity and all that garbage.

over9five

Staff member
"..thoroughly offended at what this small group of individuals has been and is doing.."

Yes, those horrible pilots! I am offended at them for working 3 YEARS WITHOUT A CONTRACT!!!! Imagine the gall of them coming to work everyday!!

So they're slowing it down a little. So what? If it were me, I would have asked to be released from arbitration (or whatever) 3 months ago and struck today. They are going the extra mile so a work stoppage won't affect peak.

Good for them. I support them 100%.