Planned Parenthood

moreluck

golden ticket member
When 15 yr. olds start dying from something, some side effect or something, then people will be screaming about htis pill and the age thing!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
133146_600.jpg

Upsmule

Too bad there isn't a social agenda connected to aspirin, that way my local school wouldn't need my consent should my child have a headache.

Stunning.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn).

Abortion is a moral right—which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?”

-Ayn Rand

Upsmule

An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn).

Abortion is a moral right—which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?”

-Ayn Rand

​Rand was a kook!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Perhaps but she makes a lot of sense on the excerpt Jones posted. The only part I disagree with is the woman making the sole decision. If she is married I would argue that the husband should have equal say. I know that if a married man under the age of 35 wants to get a vasectomy the wife has to sign off on it. I'm not saying that the husband should have the right to "force" the wife to carry the baby to term but he should have equal say when it comes to terminating the fetus.

Upsmule

Perhaps but she makes a lot of sense on the excerpt Jones posted. The only part I disagree with is the woman making the sole decision. If she is married I would argue that the husband should have equal say. I know that if a married man under the age of 35 wants to get a vasectomy the wife has to sign off on it. I'm not saying that the husband should have the right to "force" the wife to carry the baby to term but he should have equal say when it comes to terminating the fetus.

And if your all bowing at the altar of "choice" why doesn't the life being terminated get one? Never mind the woman's or the mans. Because it's not about "the freedom to choose" at all. It's about being inconvenienced or not. God help us all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It all boils down to whether you believe life begins at conception or at birth. I believe it begins at birth. I am pro-choice but do not support abortions beyond the second trimester for reasons other than medical emergency or defects with the fetus nor do I support abortion at any time if it is simply being used as a form of birth control.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You slide down the magical tube and VOILA !!!!....you're a person !!! That's comical !!! You weren't a person before, but once you 'water slide' out, you are a person. That's just funny!!!!!!!!

Upsmule

It all boils down to whether you believe life begins at conception or at birth. I believe it begins at birth. I am pro-choice but do not support abortions beyond the second trimester for reasons other than medical emergency or defects with the fetus nor do I support abortion at any time if it is simply being used as a form of birth control.

Regardless of the science that proves life begins at conception...and that said life is not just a blob of tissue. So with your belief there, do you ever ask an expecting mother "when's your fetus due?"

T here is a tremendous consensus in the scientific community about when life begins. This is hardly controversial. If the claim were made that life was discovered on another planet, for example, there are well-defined criteria to which we could refer to conclusively determine whether the claim was accurate. How do scientists distinguish between life and non-life?
A scientific textbook called "Basics of Biology" gives five characteristics of living things; these five criteria are found in all modern elementary scientific textbooks:
1. Living things are highly organized.
2. All living things have an ability to acquire materials and energy.
3. All living things have an ability to respond to their environment.
4. All living things have an ability to reproduce.
5. All living things have an ability to adapt.
According to this elementary definition of life, life begins at fertilization, when a sperm unites with an oocyte.