Planned Parenthood

moreluck

golden ticket member
Abortions are a very small percentage (<5%) of the overall services provided by Planned Parenthood.

Yeah, next to nothing just like you indicate:
CNSNews.com - Planned Parenthood performed 332,278 abortions in the United States in 2009, according to a fact sheet the group published last month.That is about as many as the 333,012 people who lived in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio, in 2009, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
The 332,278 abortions Planned Parenthood performed over the 365 days of 2009 equals an average of 910 lives terminated per day--or about 38 per hour, or one every 95 seconds."

At a cost of about $800 to $900 each...do the math! Why do they need anybody's support, especially taxpayers.

They are always at least a year late reporting figures.

The rest is referral....save the step and go to the local clinic t where they can actually treat you!!

Here's the site if you want to read about 90% of their funds coming from gov't/medicaid

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This gives a more accurate picture:

Planned Parenthood is the largest U.S. provider of reproductive health services, including cancer screening, HIV screening and counseling, contraception, and abortion. Contraception accounts for 35% of PPFA's total services and abortions account for 3%; PPFA conducts roughly 300,000 abortions each year, among 3 million people served.

A one time taxpayers supported womans right to choose, legal under the present laws or how many years of taxpayer supported welfare,etc?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One every 95 seconds is OK in your book, not mine!!

I am pro-choice but do not support the use of abortion as simply another form of birth control.

I like the info on the site I posted.

The information you posted is the same as mine---I just chose to post all of the information, not just that which supported my argument.

With the cost to raise a kid over $200K, would you rather spend $800-900 now or force the mother to carry the baby to term, give birth and raise the child all on the taxpayer's dime? Tack on the average cost to house an inmate of $60K/yr for 30 years or more and you are looking at $2M.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A one time taxpayers supported womans right to choose, legal under the present laws or how many years of taxpayer supported welfare,etc?
With the # of abortions perfomed, they are plenty self sufficient ( like PBS) why do they need taxpayer bucks? Just do your thing and leave the rest of us out of it. If you want a telethon, then have one and those that think the work is important can contribute if they want.

Would you like it if you had no choice and the first pay of the month had a $30 deduction paid to United Way? You would freak out!!

If you were dead set against abortion, you wouldn't like your tax money going there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[
The information you posted is the same as mine---I just chose to post all of the information, not just that which supported my argument.
Actually, when I clicked on 6 of those "sites" it took me to Brown Cafe.

With the cost to raise a kid over $200K, would you rather spend $800-900 now or force the mother to carry the baby to term, give birth and raise the child all on the taxpayer's dime? Tack on the average cost to house an inmate of $60K/yr for 30 years or more and you are looking at $2M.[/QUOTE]
I would rather they use a condom to prevent any of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Go argue all you want.......I'm sure the pro lifers say incest & rape are the exceptions.

Romney: “I am pro-life. I believe that abortion is the wrong choice except in cases of incest, rape, and to save the life of the mother.”
July 26, 2005, Boston Globe

I am pro-choice in reference to the law. On a personal level I am pro-safe sex / don't get the woman pregnant in the first place and don't put yourself in that position to have to choose.

Be realistic. There are scumbags out there that have absolutely no reason to have offspring. They don't want to be pregnant or have the resulting children. They will hold their procreation with the same level of regard as a stray cat at best. They should be encouraged to have abortions and the govt should throw in free sterilizations to go with it.
If one wants to hold the fetus as a living being with a soul then let that soul be sent straight to heaven pure and undamaged rather than outlaw it's termination and force it into a life of torture and misery not only for itself but also for those it may take it's pain out on around it. Is abortion a sin? I guess we'll find out when the real judge holds us all responsible for our actions.

With the # of abortions perfomed, they are plenty self sufficient ( like PBS) why do they need taxpayer bucks? Just do your thing and leave the rest of us out of it. If you want a telethon, then have one and those that think the work is important can contribute if they want.

Would you like it if you had no choice and the first pay of the month had a $30 deduction paid to United Way? You would freak out!!

If you were dead set against abortion, you wouldn't like your tax money going there.

Compared to what amount of my tax dollars could be saved from said welfare,etc, $30 a month is a bargain. Where do I sign up?