please come help 705 push a no vote

cachmeifucan

If this garbage gets forced on us please come to 705 buildings and pass out vote no fliers. It's the only chance we have no way they can force such a large local as ours to accept this. Our union will be pushing a yes vote I'm sure. If we can get 705 and 710 to reject it we might still have a chance. Please take 1 day off drive to the cach facility in Hodgkins IL 1 ups way. 60525. Please help mayday. Rtw states opt out of union. And every one stop giving to drive. I can't believe this

cachmeifucan

Help the the local that is separate from National. The reason they keep us separate is so we don't reach the 50% threshold. Vote no call your news media and radio station get this news to the masses I'm calling all day

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Opt out of the union? Yea let people shoot themselfs in the dick. Go home mate you drunk. It’s over just accept it and keep working or quit.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
If this garbage gets forced on us please come to 705 buildings and pass out vote no fliers. It's the only chance we have no way they can force such a large local as ours to accept this. Our union will be pushing a yes vote I'm sure. If we can get 705 and 710 to reject it we might still have a chance. Please take 1 day off drive to the cach facility in Hodgkins IL 1 ups way. 60525. Please help mayday. Rtw states opt out of union. And every one stop giving to drive. I can't believe this

710 here, brother.

We've gotta destroy this before they even start selling it.
I'm with you.

cachmeifucan

210,000 union ups employees
-12,000 705 employees
- 10,000 710 employees
10, 000 , new hires that are not in union
10,000 employees that quit or got fired and no ballots received that equals over 50% we were scammed.

IGotARock

-12,000 705 employees
- 10,000 710 employees
10,000 employees that quit or got fired and no ballots received that equals over 50% we were scammed.
I was wondering about that. All the employees that are on a separate contract and weren't allowed to vote on the master, did the geniuses at the international take those into account as they were raising their juicy buttocks into the air to accept the brown load?

Because if not, that seems actionable in a court of law.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I understand the thought.... but that's a bad idea.

Asking for fellow Teamsters to come in and try to influence the vote on something that

doesn't (personally) concern them, is tantamount to usurping the democratic process.

Your efforts would be better spent on involving the current membership.

That seems actionable in a court of law.

Where did you get your Law Degree ?

Did the geniuses at the international take those into account as they were raising their juicy buttocks into the air to accept the brown load?

That observation.... sounds like a suppressed fantasy.

-Bug-

IGotARock

I understand the thought.... but that's a bad idea.

Asking for fellow Teamsters to come in and try to influence the vote on something that

doesn't (personally) concern them, is tantamount to usurping the democratic process.

Your efforts would be better spent on involving the current membership.

Where did you get your Law Degree ?

That observation.... sounds like a suppressed fantasy.

-Bug-
I don't need a law degree to know simple mathematics. it all depends on how you define 50%. Is it 50% of the company, or 50% of the available voting pool?

And yeah, I have some terrible fantasies. Nothing wrong with that.

babboo25

Banned
-12,000 705 employees
- 10,000 710 employees
You make a very good point here, did they figure in 705 and 710 members who don’t vote on the national?

Returntosender

You need Louisville air/hub to vote no. That’s its huge voting block

Waldo

As much as I’d like to stay for the benefits, I will leave the company if I don’t get $15/hr starting wage. $13/hr is a crap wage for the work we do and that $10.35 was a joke.

BrownRecycler

Even if we vote, we are voting the language of the local contract not because we are trying to stonewall the Master agreement. If we were to ask, why we don't like the local contract. The next thing that comes out of our mouth will not be because we didn't like the Master agreement.

To me, Local 710 have no says even if only Local 710 BAs voted. I don't mean it in a rude way. I wish Local 710 members were given power to vote on Master since they used part of the Master agreement in the local contract. The payscale, on the other hand, that is a different story that to this date leave us members scratching our head while given reason why by the BA.

Last edited: