Policy for cameras

oldngray

nowhere special
Uh oh, Alexa has seen me naked .
My Eyes.gif

Aquaman

I don’t use Siri. Guess I should unplug Alexa.

Aqua, how do you know for a fact about where the video is stored?
Was told by my manager when they went in our tractors. He told me it’s a third party company. If something happens, they request the footage from that specific date & time, and the camera company provides it (assuming a triggered event exists). So yes the cameras are always watching. They have to be to be able to save footage from a triggered event. But as far as managers watching you on your route, no they’re not doing that. People at the camera company aren’t even watching. FedEx has to request the footage to view it.

Stat41

Alexa (and Siri) can and does listen and record private conversations in your home.
Sometimes those recordings are sent to humans for ‘grading’.
If you can’t see the potential for abuse, you are oblivious.
Yep. And I believe if they wanted to get rid of you they could do a "Random Safety Surveillance" on you to see if there's any infractions that could be used against you. A series of small infractions could cost you a lot of trouble, or your very job. No matter how bad this company has been, I have always thought that at least once I got on my route I was generally independent and on my own. Now they are taking even that away. The camera facing me is taking it too far.

Stat41

Was told by my manager when they went in our tractors. He told me it’s a third party company. If something happens, they request the footage from that specific date & time, and the camera company provides it (assuming a triggered event exists). So yes the cameras are always watching. They have to be to be able to save footage from a triggered event. But as far as managers watching you on your route, no they’re not doing that. People at the camera company aren’t even watching. FedEx has to request the footage to view it.
Perhaps what your manager told you was true. Can Fedex Safety get video on you for "random" safety checks? Can Fedex Security get video on you for "random" security audits? As the technology improves, will your manager be able to pull you up on their screen for monitoring? There is no guarantee that what you have been told now will still be true in the future. Perhaps what Fedex is telling the managers is just a little spoon full of sugar to mask the truly bitter taste of the medicine later.

HedleyLamarr

I would just encourage everyone to watch the flc training video on this. I understand that with the tractor trailer drivers, it all goes through a third party, but it may be different for us couriers. The training video discusses how we will actually be graded on our driving, and how it will sound warning tones if we look at our phones or Leo's for that matter while driving. It sounds a lot more in depth than what is happening in the tractor trailers.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I would just encourage everyone to watch the flc training video on this. I understand that with the tractor trailer drivers, it all goes through a third party, but it may be different for us couriers. The training video discusses how we will actually be graded on our driving, and how it will sound warning tones if we look at our phones or Leo's for that matter while driving. It sounds a lot more in depth than what is happening in the tractor trailers.
Very true. How else would the cameras know whether we are looking at our phones or Leo’s if someone isn’t watching?

Aquaman

I can tell you from experience. The stuff I do in my tractor.... nobody is watching lol

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

Still, if you placed your phone on the instrument panel against the speedometer, it would look like you’re looking down the road.

Or dab vasoline on the lens and remove it when you come off road. I’d have the engine off at both times.