Policy for cameras

HedleyLamarr

We had to sign an agreement for the in vehicle cameras today.

They can detect if you are looking at your phone while driving and will give you some warning beeps. I am assuming, that information will be sent to your manager. You will also be getting a score based on how well you drive.

Bringitback

We had to sign an agreement for the in vehicle cameras today.

They can detect if you are looking at your phone while driving and will give you some warning beeps. I am assuming, that information will be sent to your manager. You will also be getting a score based on how well you drive.
I reviewed the flc course also. It's just really strange that it did not contain any sustenance to what policy changes would be taking place. Does best practices change as well? You can't eat or drink while driving?? How is this projected to affect SPH? So many more questions then answers tbh.

MassWineGuy

It’s disgusting that we have to choose between signing an agreement or quitting.

I’ve not heard anything recently about in vehicle cameras. We have lots of rentals and much of our own fleet is in bad shape.

I go over many potholes and occasional curbs. This will probably trigger something.

Aquaman

It’s disgusting that we have to choose between signing an agreement or quitting.

I’ve not heard anything recently about in vehicle cameras. We have lots of rentals and much of our own fleet is in bad shape.

I go over many potholes and occasional curbs. This will probably trigger something.
We’ve had them for a while in the tractors. I can tell you nobody is watching them. Managers do NOT have a live feed of your truck. They are triggered in the event of an accident or collision. And the couple minutes before the accident are recorded. FedEx doesn’t have this footage at their disposal. They have to request it from the 3rd party camera company. It’s not stored on a FedEx system. So yes technically a big pot hole could trigger the camera to save a couple minutes. But without a reported accident, a manager isn’t going to request footage. The camera company doesn’t just send them footage of every recorded moment. FedEx has to ask for it. So it’s honestly more of an insurance policy to protect the company from people suing them for accidents they aren’t at fault for. Basically if you don’t wreck, nobody is watching.

fdxsux

We’ve had them for a while in the tractors. I can tell you nobody is watching them. Managers do NOT have a live feed of your truck. They are triggered in the event of an accident or collision. And the couple minutes before the accident are recorded. FedEx doesn’t have this footage at their disposal. They have to request it from the 3rd party camera company. It’s not stored on a FedEx system. So yes technically a big pot hole could trigger the camera to save a couple minutes. But without a reported accident, a manager isn’t going to request footage. The camera company doesn’t just send them footage of every recorded moment. FedEx has to ask for it. So it’s honestly more of an insurance policy to protect the company from people suing them for accidents they aren’t at fault for. Basically if you don’t wreck, nobody is watching.
Just like nobody is listening to your Amazon Alexa conversations.😁

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away"
Alexa (and Siri) can and does listen and record private conversations in your home.
Sometimes those recordings are sent to humans for ‘grading’.
If you can’t see the potential for abuse, you are oblivious.

oldngray

nowhere special
Alexa (and Siri) can and does listen and record private conversations in your home.
Sometimes those recordings are sent to humans for ‘grading’.
If you can’t see the potential for abuse, you are oblivious.
they admitted Alexa spied on people.

after they got caught doing it

Siri is pretty much the same

It will be fine

I don’t use Siri. Guess I should unplug Alexa.

Aqua, how do you know for a fact about where the video is stored?
I doubt the footage is stored anywhere. Our cameras have an SD card that saves a few days worth of data and rewrites over it. If a request isn’t made timely the footage is gone.

It will be fine

Just dab some Vaseline on the camera lens.
I’ve had them for a few years now. I’ve used them mostly for seatbelt violations. The other times they’ve been used for accidents, some exonerate the drivers, some condemn them. It’s very helpful to have the footage when something happens and the driver is doing everything correctly.