Policy for cameras

Star B

White Lightening
when people are proud of who they work for, they produce quality work.
when they are mistreated, quality of work suffers.

HMMMMM? I wonder if the 2% of the top brass can figure out that last part.

falcon back

Job knowledge test went away maybe 20 years ago. OPEN book. I believe 60 questions with 90 minutes or so to take it. It covered rating packages, commitment times, Haz and intl. requirements. Things you should know or should know where to find in all of the testing materials you were allowed to use. If you failed it, you got one more chance to pass. 2nd failure was termination or displacement, can't remember. It was around for 5 years or so. So many idiots failed it, they did away with it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The test actually wasn’t to measure intelligence. It was to be sure a courier knew where to find the information to do the job. It really wasn’t hard. You just needed to know which book, ie., service guide, SRG or whatever to get the information. The problem was, some not so smart people couldn’t figure that out. I worked with a guy who was a good courier but couldn’t pass the test. The reason the test ended was because people sued for discrimination.

dezguy

The test actually wasn’t to measure intelligence. It was to be sure a courier knew where to find the information to do the job. It really wasn’t hard. You just needed to know which book, ie., service guide, SRG or whatever to get the information. The problem was, some not so smart people couldn’t figure that out. I worked with a guy who was a good courier but couldn’t pass the test. The reason the test ended was because people sued for discrimination.
As they should. I has been proven, time and time again that some people simply aren't apt at taking tests. Doesn't mean they're dumb or unintelligent, just means it isn't the proper way to evaluate their knowledge.

falcon back

As they should. I has been proven, time and time again that some people simply aren't apt at taking tests. Doesn't mean they're dumb or unintelligent, just means it isn't the proper way to evaluate their knowledge.
Sounds like you were one that failed the test. Anyone that couldn't pass that test deserved to be terminated. There were enough questions on that test that a courier should know WITHOUT looking up the answers that would allow them to pass. They dummied up the test after a few years and allowed you to skip a number of questions and go back to them later. Would you like to fly with a pilot that couldn't pass an open book pilot job knowledge test? CPA's pass tests, attorneys pass a test, law enforcement passes a test. If you can't expect a courier to pass a test, how can you expect them to answer the customer's questions. There was nothing discriminatory about that test. just ignorant people that couldn't pass it. Every race, creed, sex and religion got the same test.

Stat41

Oh no! The company that employs you to drive a commercial vehicle full of tens of thousands of dollars of cargo wants to be sure you’re following the law while you do it! Such a terrible imposition. Don’t speed, pay attention while driving and you won’t have any problem.
I respectfully disagree. I have driven safely for decades without a rear-facing camera. I have many clean MVRs. I have well over two decades of driving safely and following the law. The irony is that half of our fleet at the station are rentals, driven by the new employees who are most at risk for accidents. But no cameras in them. To put it plainly, I do not trust a company that does not trust me. Period.

McFeely

Huge Member
I respectfully disagree. I have driven safely for decades without a rear-facing camera. I have many clean MVRs. I have well over two decades of driving safely and following the law.

If only the company would value/recognize safe driving more, right? I mean, my last safe driving 'award' hasn't even been given to me and should have been given to me 6 months ago.

They harp on us about how much incidents cost the company, but now they're not even hardly rewarding those who do everything right.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If only the company would value/recognize safe driving more, right? I mean, my last safe driving 'award' hasn't even been given to me and should have been given to me 6 months ago.

They harp on us about how much incidents cost the company, but now they're not even hardly rewarding those who do everything right.
Incentives are strictly for management, cretin.:nono:
I mean, how long have you worked here, anyway???

It will be fine

I respectfully disagree. I have driven safely for decades without a rear-facing camera. I have many clean MVRs. I have well over two decades of driving safely and following the law. The irony is that half of our fleet at the station are rentals, driven by the new employees who are most at risk for accidents. But no cameras in them. To put it plainly, I do not trust a company that does not trust me. Period.
If you’re that safe then you shouldn’t be worried about triggering the camera.

Stat41

They harp on us about how much incidents cost the company, but now they're not even hardly rewarding those who do everything righ
I am not worried about triggering the camera. I think you missed the point. But its all good.

Working4the1%

If only the technology existed to measure the intelligence of high level company execs.
Going to suck for managers that have to can their besties over “The Video”.
The cameras are come because GROUND keeps making the news with crashes and ineptitude... again u get what u pay for

El Morado Diablo

They say every accident costs your cost center $30,000.

The average price for the current 25 yr safe driving awards is about $300.
You would think someone driving safely for that long would get an award worth a lot more than $300.

MassWineGuy

Have many of you seen cameras in vehicles at your stations? We have a couple of new Sprinters that have them. But most of our rusting, broken down fleet don’t. And I haven’t heard anything recently about getting cameras.

El Morado Diablo

Have many of you seen cameras in vehicles at your stations? We have a couple of new Sprinters that have them. But most of our rusting, broken down fleet don’t. And I haven’t heard anything recently about getting cameras.

I think it was supposed to start May 1st.
We don't have any in our station at this time.