POLL: With the details of the Tentative Agreement out, What is your vote?

What is your vote with the details available in the 2013 Tentative Agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 207 86.3%

• Total voters

ups clerk

I'm sure the TA will be approved. Even if it receives enough votes to fail. If ya know what I mean.
Unfortunately ou are probably right Big Arrow. I have been here 35 years and have never seen a contract fail no matter how bad it was. Even in 1982 it passed with the two tier wage starting. Course it passed because we got 500 dollar signing bonus for pt's and 1k for FT's so yeah this will pass too even without the signing bonus. I can't help think these ballots are rigged where it leans more toward winning than losing. How much you wanna bet that not only will the contract pass but probably by a HUGE percentage. Even though the majority of hourlies here say they will vote NO. The only time a contract might have failed was in 1997. But we went on strike before we could vote on it and two weeks later it passed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I think they let it come down to close to the wire. If it doesnt pass and if the votes are not going to be finalized til mid june, do they really have enough time to go back to drawing board and get those back in by july 31st deadline? I dont know enough about what would happen, but if someone has info they would like to share with those of us that may have that similar inquiry please let us know as it would be greatly appreciated.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think they let it come down to close to the wire. If it doesnt pass and if the votes are not going to be finalized til mid june, do they really have enough time to go back to drawing board and get those back in by july 31st deadline? I dont know enough about what would happen, but if someone has info they would like to share with those of us that may have that similar inquiry please let us know as it would be greatly appreciated.

​That's a rhetorical question ... it's going to pass 2 - 1.

bumped

voting no. Need to clean up the language on the use of bluetooths. Its like both sides want to make everything a grey issue.

Moneythehardway

There should be some form of transparency when it comes to tallying up the votes. I just don't trust the ones who AGREED with this TA to really want to go BACK to negotiating again if it's left up to them.

Maybe there are some Laws that may disclose this, I'll check into that shortly or some type of arbitrative agency that stands in to make sure there is honesty in ballot counting.

We pay the dues, we make the calls and we need to be heard!

upsrogue

Unfortunately ou are probably right Big Arrow. I have been here 35 years and have never seen a contract fail no matter how bad it was. Even in 1982 it passed with the two tier wage starting. Course it passed because we got 500 dollar signing bonus for pt's and 1k for FT's so yeah this will pass too even without the signing bonus. I can't help think these ballots are rigged where it leans more toward winning than losing. How much you wanna bet that not only will the contract pass but probably by a HUGE percentage. Even though the majority of hourlies here say they will vote NO. The only time a contract might have failed was in 1997. But we went on strike before we could vote on it and two weeks later it passed.

In 1982 a majority voted against the contract, it was imposed on the membership by the International because it took a 2/3 no vote to reject a contract.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why are we having a meeting if our local rider isn't finalized? Pay attention.

I thought the meeting I went to today was a contract meeting, it looked like mostly stewards there. We did mostly discuss the contract though. The Southern Supplement isn't done yet to the best of my knowledge, we are having another meeting next Saturday to go through it article by article.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I thought the meeting I went to today was a contract meeting, it looked like mostly stewards there. We did mostly discuss the contract though. The Southern Supplement isn't done yet to the best of my knowledge, we are having another meeting next Saturday to go through it article by article.

Scratch is one of the most straight shooters on this site and someone who would do his homework before making a decision so a NO vote from him is saying a lot....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch is one of the most straight shooters on this site and someone who would do his homework before making a decision so a NO vote from him is saying a lot....

This is my last contract I am voting on, and basically I am ashamed at how the part time work force and retirees are forgotten at every contract. I started working on the Midnight Sort as a 17 year old kid in 1975. The starting pay was $4.25 an hour compared to the $2.10 minimum wage that my friends were making at fast food joints and other entry level jobs. That was good money back then, and the 1982 contract changed all that. I think part timers should be making a lot more than what they do now. I actually talk to my preloader, I'm amazed that people will get up at 3 AM and work multiple jobs and go a year with no insurance.