POLL: With the details of the Tentative Agreement out, What is your vote?

What is your vote with the details available in the 2013 Tentative Agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 207 86.3%

• Total voters

Mad_Marigan

If you have a silk screener on your route, see if you can get them to print "Save our Benefits, Vote NO!!!" t-shirts on the cheap and share them with your coworkers. If you can I made them available on line :censored2:

Last edited by a moderator:

solo827

This is the first time I've been on BrownCafe in awhile and from my judgement......my center union reps suck!!! I have not heard one word about the contract! I have asked a few drivers and they just shake their head like they really don' care or they will say go online! As I see it, I pay union dues just like everyone else and I think our union reps should at least take time out and talk to everyone about what is going on. We (part timers) have not had a union meeting in over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This is the first time I've been on BrownCafe in awhile and from my judgement......my center union reps suck!!! I have not heard one word about the contract! I have asked a few drivers and they just shake their head like they really don' care or they will say go online! As I see it, I pay union dues just like everyone else and I think our union reps should at least take time out and talk to everyone about what is going on. We (part timers) have not had a union meeting in over 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately Solo, you hit on the sad truth of our current Teamsters Union. They won't tell us anything. They won't do anything for us. They just sit back and collect your monthly dues. Hell, Hall acted like the contract negotiations was a sectret. UPS was in on it. Teamsters OG (Old Guard leadership) was in on it. Oh, I almost forgot, we (the rank and file) were not in on it. Ballots go out next week and I still haven't heard 1 word from my local.
You did the right thing coming on here (Brown Cafe). But you are going to get alot of facts, half-truths, and straight out lies (Stink, 407 and the other OG cheerleaders). I also suggest that you check out TDU.org. They probably have the most information on this TA out there. Good luck.

realbrown1

Are you seriously that inapt? You need to start to educate yourself. How long have you been at this job?
Do you seriously have your head up Hoffa's butt? They make the language vague that they don't want to enforce. To give UPS some leverage and then at contract time they say we got new language on this to make it tougher for UPS to abuse your rights. If they wanted it enforced they would have it spelled out in black and white like our pay increases are. No wiggle room there. But look at Surepost and you see the wieght limit is normally 10lbs. What does NORMALLY mean? See the diffence. Hall has no intention of the Teamsters enforcing any Surepost wieght limit.

stink219

I am 100% convinced of 2 things, you are either a complete maroon or you are a troll paid by TDU to slam everything in this union in order to divid us. I'm sure it's that your just an uneducated maroon too stupid to know the construct of a legally binding contract.
I know what NORMALLY 10lbs means! And I also know how it is used to NOT define the exactitudes of holding our workers accountable in the progressing of such packages.
Your being close minded in thinking that this contract is only about "UPS's rules". God help us if we had language outlines like our raises.

realbrown1

I am 100% convinced of 2 things, you are either a complete maroon or you are a troll paid by TDU to slam everything in this union in order to divid us. I'm sure it's that your just an uneducated maroon too stupid to know the construct of a legally binding contract.
I know what NORMALLY 10lbs means! And I also know how it is used to NOT define the exactitudes of holding our workers accountable in the progressing of such packages.
Your being close minded in thinking that this contract is only about "UPS's rules". God help us if we had language outlines like our raises.
You misunderstand me. I would like the verbage of the contract to look like the section on wage increases. I don't like wiggle room on either side. How about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

steward71

"WE MUST PASS THE BILL BEOFRE WE KNOW WHAT IS IN IT" Nancy P*** on me, 2009 over Obamacare, words to live by. Hoffy, Hoffy he is our man if he can't get your pants down no one can, go Hoffy. I'm sure this will be reported before the D****** comments. This crap is funny as hell, all the superivors know they have us all by our private parts. Good luck everyone we will all be sold to the highest bidder. The federal goverment. Obamacare health care plans in the near future for everyone. The Change you can believe in. Sending warm and fuzzy's have a happy Obama, Nancy and Harry Day.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Went to the meeting on Saturday, everyone who attended (lotta empty seats) got copies of all the changes to both the National and the Atlantic supplement and listened as our guys went over all the changes and what they would mean. Not a great contract but a fair one imho, I'm a yes vote at this point.

UPS Preloader

Went to the meeting on Saturday, everyone who attended (lotta empty seats) got copies of all the changes to both the National and the Atlantic supplement and listened as our guys went over all the changes and what they would mean. Not a great contract but a fair one imho, I'm a yes vote at this point.

Do you feel it's fair for the current part timers? How about the incoming part timer's? The Retiree's?

UPS Preloader

A fair contract for the Teamsters that vote?

So because the incoming part timer's and the retiree's can't vote we don't need to care about them?

I agree that some of the issues facing the part timers are there own fault, but many of them do vote. Just because many don't vote we should throw them under the bus? I thought those in the union were supposed to look after each other.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
So because the incoming part timer's and the retiree's can't vote we don't need to care about them?

I agree that some of the issues facing the part timers are there own fault, but many of them do vote. Just because many don't vote we should throw them under the bus? I thought those in the union were supposed to look after each other.

The retirees threw us (PT) under the bus; they are the ones who agreed to the two-tier wage system for PTers, and continued to vote towards minimum wage. So no, I don't care about the retirees.

And if the Teamsters presented us with a contract in which incoming PTers started at $10 but topped out at $14 after a few years, lost benefits, lost rights to bid FT but gained tuition reimbursement (BTW, this is what FedEx Ground gets) ... but meanwhile, incumbent PTers received a 20c per year "catch-up" raise, endured no changes to current benefits & earned a $5K signing bonus... what do you think that would pass by? 80%, with the other 20% holding out for more (e.g. not caring about incoming PTers)?

It's always about ourselves, not the brotherhood B.S.

anonymous4

I wonder how much the union could negotiate away from current PTers without tipping the balance. I bet "you" could screw "us" much worse than has been done with the lack of PT participation. Keep yourselves fat and happy and continue to give high fives for being so generous as to toss us the scraps.

UPS Preloader

The retirees threw us (PT) under the bus; they are the ones who agreed to the two-tier wage system for PTers, and continued to vote towards minimum wage. So no, I don't care about the retirees.

Shame on them, but let me ask you a question. If we screw the retiree's aren't we ultimately screwing our selves. Aren't many of us going to be the future retiree's?