Possible driver death due to heat

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This is why there needs to be an excessive heat clause in the contract. Dispatches should be reduced when the temperature is forecast to be above 90-95 degrees, instead of cutting routes and adding 30 stops like they do now.
Exactly.

Because UPS will never make that a policy on their own.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
This is why there needs to be an excessive heat clause in the contract. Dispatches should be reduced when the temperature is forecast to be above 90-95 degrees, instead of cutting routes and adding 30 stops like they do now.
Yeah and then UPS would lobby all thermometer mfgrs to top out at 89 degrees. I seriously think they get a kick out of cutting routes when it's dangerously hot. That's when they start spewing crap about our pay.

browned out

That is horrible. RIP

Can someone get a hold of Janet's family and make sure that they receive the up to $100,000 max UPS Life Insurance. Probably around $70,000 total in his case.

Teamcare is only responsible for $40,000 but Janet was covered under the old language of the benefits of the UPS plan prior to 2014. UPS should send a check for the rest.

I am sure the family needs the promised funds.

Contract states on page 171. Short term disability, life insurance and dental benefits will be provided through Central States Health and Welfare (TEAMCARE) UPS will cover the differential between what Central States Health and Welfare currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit prior to January 1,2014.

The UPS driver's exact benefit before 2014 was as follows : 2080 times the drivers hourly rate up to a max of $100,000.

In my case; UPS has not been following page 171; UPS has not paid what they are required to.

Lets make sure this drivers family get the fund they are due.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You would assume already that UPS has already settled with her family or a lawsuit has been in place against them for her passing away because of a heat stroke. God bless her family for what they have had to endure in this sad tradgedy.