Possible Suspicious Incidents

moreluck

golden ticket member
RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!:wink2: THE JIHADISTS ARE COMING! THE JIHADISTS ARE COMING!

Make fun all you want, but I'm not going near anybody with a rag on their head. I don't know the good ones from the bad ones, so I totally stay away !!! Firm Believer in profiling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
With all due respect I am not the one that needs a head exam. I am not overly exasperated by Arabs, I deliver to several a day, and I have no problem with them. I do have a problem with radical muslims who would like and have killed us. So you keep your head buried in the sands of being politically correct, and I and people like me, I hope will stop the next one. You seem to ignore all the other incidents and they are not only on Fox news. Have a great day.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jonesy you do understand that in todays world most people would rather take a chance on over reacting then on risking another 9/11?
I have absolutely no problem at all with anyone reporting what they feel to be suspicious behavior. That's what I would do and I encourage people to do the same. There's a big difference between that and making stories up to scare people, which is what has happened in a couple of these instances. In addition all these instances have been investigated and none have been found to be a "dry run" (surprise surprise!), so continuing to refer to them as such is purposely misleading.

911 commission report

There were "dry runs" before 911. They called them surveillance flights.
They called them surveillance flights, not "dry runs", because that's what they were. One guy, usually flying first class, and being very careful not to act suspicious or call undue attention to himself. They carried boxcutters just to make sure that they would be able to get through security with them. They bore no resemblance to the hysterical events that have been mentioned in this thread, and for good reason.

tieguy

Banned
I have absolutely no problem at all with anyone reporting what they feel to be suspicious behavior. That's what I would do and I encourage people to do the same. There's a big difference between that and making stories up to scare people, which is what has happened in a couple of these instances. In addition all these instances have been investigated and none have been found to be a "dry run" (surprise surprise!), so continuing to refer to them as such is purposely misleading.

They called them surveillance flights, not "dry runs", because that's what they were. One guy, usually flying first class, and being very careful not to act suspicious or call undue attention to himself. They carried boxcutters just to make sure that they would be able to get through security with them. They bore no resemblance to the hysterical events that have been mentioned in this thread, and for good reason.

My concern here would be that our mocking those who decide to report suspicious activity may discourage the reporting. I think its safe to say the terrorist have not given up the cause just because Obama was elected. I think they will keep trying and I think we have to remain vigilant.

av8torntn

One guy, usually flying first class, and being very careful not to act suspicious or call undue attention to himself. They carried boxcutters just to make sure that they would be able to get through security with them.

If someone carries a box cutter on a flight today that would not be someone who is being very careful to not call undue attention to themselves. Also according to our government several of the hijackers called undue suspicion upon themselves. Problem was nobody was paying attention.

Before 9-11 it was unthinkable that someone would be testing airport security to see if they could get a box cutter on an aircraft. Today people get nervous when they see muslims praying before they board an aircraft. It's just a fact of life.

wkmac

Looking at the 911 Commission report I found the testimony of Mindy Kleinberg whose husband Alan worked for Kantor Fitzgerald and killed on 911 as very revealing. At the least it points out the total ineptness of gov't in response to crisis and it also points out the sheer numerous events of luck that took place which allowed tragic events to happen.

I consider in many respects the 911 Commission to be a failure and I'm not alone in that observation either as examples are here and here. But then the same people who on the one hand say gov't is inept, evil and wrong would then try to convince us this same gov't is righteous and virtuous (hence accept the 911 Commission as absolute truth and fact) and the only means we have of protection from an enemy they even deny was created by the same inept, evil and immoral gov't in the first place. If this gov't is so good and moral at protecting us abroad (killing Na'vi?) then why can't they also be trusted to protect us in all matters at home?

Houston, we have a "logic" problem!
:wink2:

av8torntn

I consider in many respects the 911 Commission to be a failure :wink2:

In my opinion it was just a work of politics. Although when someone claims that Al Queada operatives will not draw attention to themselves and are very intelligent this report clearly documents otherwise.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I don't get it either.

I thought someone (on BC) said we had no reason to be worried.

I'm sure this is just an "isolated event" and in no way indicative of any type of organized effort to kill Americans.

BTW, I was actually glad to hear about the Yemeni air strike. I also hope the CIA paid Yemen some $ to pull it off. Money better spent than some of the BS that's going on now.
JMHO

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Now I totally missed the guys name, was it John Smith? Some white guy from the midwest?
No, that Timothy McVeigh. This was actually a black guy from Nigeria.

The real question is how someone who was on a terrorism watch list was able to walk onto a plane with a home made device strapped to his body. It does appear that all he managed to do was burn his own dick off, thankfully. Props to the guy who jumped on him.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No, that Timothy McVeigh. This was actually a black guy from Nigeria.

The real question is how someone who was on a terrorism watch list was able to walk onto a plane with a home made device strapped to his body. It does appear that all he managed to do was burn his own dick off, thankfully. Props to the guy who jumped on him.

Im glad he burnt his dick off, at least he cant breed.:surprised:
And it does appear he had ties to Al Queda. And Netherlands and Nigeria cant fly marshals, not saying there would have been one anyway. He was not on the watch list for the tsa, it appears, but was known to have ties.
If other countries dont use the same protocol we use, then they should not fly into our country.
And Kudos to the guy who jumped him. It is hard on a plane to see what is going on around you.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Terror suspect passed normal security in Amsterdam, official says

The suspect, identified by a U.S. government official as 23-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, ignited a small explosive device Friday, shortly before a Northwest flight from Amsterdam, Netherlands, landed in Detroit, Michigan.

The above linked article shows a picture of an FBI agent holding Umar's blown off penis in his hands to show what can happen when you try something like this...A excellent deterent for future jihadists. :happy-very: Gotcha!!

It does show a pic of the guy but his face is blurred out..

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Terror suspect passed normal security in Amsterdam, official says

The suspect, identified by a U.S. government official as 23-year-old Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, ignited a small explosive device Friday, shortly before a Northwest flight from Amsterdam, Netherlands, landed in Detroit, Michigan.

The above linked article shows a picture of an FBI agent holding Umar's blown off penis in his hands to show what can happen when you try something like this...A excellent deterent for future jihadists. :happy-very: Gotcha!!

It does show a pic of the guy but his face is blurred out..
Ok not funny, I was looking for that pic.