Possible termination?

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep. The driver that I am referring to has to have other drivers deliver stops on their route because that driver is no longer allowed.

That happened to me. When a cover driver ran the route next to mine I had to make one of his pickups because he wasn't allowed there. One of the on car sups wasn't allowed there either. I got along with those customers but you had to be really careful what you said or they would take it the wrong way.

Box Ox

You're missing the point... accept personal responsibility. Its not their fault he doesn't know how to eat. I've bit into plenty of too hot food before, never did a blame anyone but myself.

I prefer the "Bring it close and see if I feel any heat" technique, myself.

barnyard

KTM rider
you had to be really careful what you said or they would take it the wrong way.

Even if you think you know a customer really well, it is still really important that we have a business relationship and need to act professionally.

The OP states that he/she has issues with supes and all that. If this is a pattern and the OP was already dogging it on Friday, some days off may be in his/her future.

ManInBrown

How about didn't ring the doorbell - and they admit their doorbell doesn't even work?
Ringing the doorbell is completely driver discretion for DR packages. If I feel there's any chance the customer has a dog, I'm not ringing. I don't care. It doesn't happen much anymore now that I have my own route. When I was a cover driver and did a route I was unfamiliar with I probably rang 10% of the doorbells. Had a ride one day with my ORS and he was fine with that reasoning, which isn't surprising seeing how that makes their silly numbers even better.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ringing the doorbell is completely driver discretion for DR packages. If I feel there's any chance the customer has a dog, I'm not ringing. I don't care. It doesn't happen much anymore now that I have my own route. When I was a cover driver and did a route I was unfamiliar with I probably rang 10% of the doorbells. Had a ride one day with my ORS and he was fine with that reasoning, which isn't surprising seeing how that makes their silly numbers even better.

You ring doorbell last. The point is to avoid customer contact. You are still supposed to ring or knock.

And of course if you can't DR you ring first then fill out delivery notice. If they don't come to the door fast enough you are gone.

Box Ox

You ring doorbell last. The point is to avoid customer contact. You are still supposed to ring or knock.

Yes, the driver is starting to walk away back to his PC. Why not go ahead and open the door? Fido might get out but he never bites! Fido is a good boy!

ManInBrown

And of course if you can't DR you ring first then fill out delivery notice. If they don't come to the door fast enough you are gone.
Ringing doorbell last does nothing when the house is 2/10ths of a mile off the street and you walked it off

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, the driver is starting to walk away back to his PC. Why not go ahead and open the door? Fido might get out but he never bites! Fido is a good boy!

And as they open the door and kick the package they don't see they scream, "don't I need to sign?".

ManInBrown

aren't you retired? When you worked at UPS they probably encouraged driving on properties. It doesn't work like that anymore

ManInBrown

I have a house on my route that's a good 8-10 minute round trip walk. Nowhere to turn around. I walk it off, and the only reason I do that instead of mailbox is because I saw the homeowner one day when I was tying it to the mailbox. No dog. Fine by me. Paid by the hour

ManInBrown

Yeah, but most generally have more Front Door area space than just the walk path. They can still see it 4 inches to the right.

New reality under ORION. Management still says not to do it, but ORION has you doing it all day.
Nope. I'll drive 3 miles down a road for a place to turn around without backing up. You told me to follow Orion, and told me not to back. Working as directed

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, but most generally have more Front Door area space than just the walk path. They can still see it 4 inches to the right.

New reality under ORION. Management still says not to do it, but ORION has you doing it all day.
inside storm door