Post Peak Postmortem

Bounty

Simple question.

Go buy a franchise somewhere and let us know how different it really is.
X gives you the work and puts it on your trucks.
That’s pretty much your whole business. You are not soliciting business it’s handed to you.
Hey, keep it going. We are both counting on it.

bbsam

Staff member
X gives you the work and puts it on your trucks.
That’s pretty much your whole business. You are not soliciting business it’s handed to you.
Hey, keep it going. We are both counting on it.
I'm so glad you've moved on.

bacha29

I'm so glad you've moved on.
Bounty's right. As long as their DOT operating authority numbers are on the side of your truck you are totally at their complete command and control. Yes you may have so called "proprietary rights" but that only came about when Roadway grudgingly had to grant them under the threat on an Internal Revenue Service lawsuit. If it wasn't for that you probably would still not have them today.

Dr.Brownz

Today was the third day I went over 8 hours this month!
6onbb.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Bounty's right. As long as their DOT operating authority numbers are on the side of your truck you are totally at their complete command and control. Yes you may have so called "proprietary rights" but that only came about when Roadway grudgingly had to grant them under the threat on an Internal Revenue Service lawsuit. If it wasn't for that you probably would still not have them today.
Day 1 was a long time ago. Move along.

NYCFXG

Lol.... My employees don't read news. The only way they would find out about it is if it was posted on instagram, facebook or snap chat. They listen to their music all day and talk to their girlfriends or boys on the phone for 8 hours. If you told them Fedex profits were up they would act like that meant something to them, but the look on their face would show you they don't even really understand what the word profit means.

McFeely

Huge Member
Let’s just be honest, FedEx profits really don’t mean a thing to the average Ground driver nor the average Ground contractor. They won’t see a bump in compensation at all.

bacha29

Day 1 was a long time ago. Move along.
The basic operating structure today is still the same one Dan Sullivan and his UPS buddy along with the 300 million they extracted from the Teamster pension plan devised when they locked themselves in that hotel room down by the Pittsburgh Airport. Oh, it is very much as relevant today as it was in 1985 as evidenced by the fact that you're still fulfilling that same basic mandate as the one created in 1985...... Maximizing shareholder return and the numbers that came out 2 days ago prove it conclusively.

bacha29

Lol.... My employees don't read news. The only way they would find out about it is if it was posted on instagram, facebook or snap chat. They listen to their music all day and talk to their girlfriends or boys on the phone for 8 hours. If you told them Fedex profits were up they would act like that meant something to them, but the look on their face would show you they don't even really understand what the word profit means.
If I were you I wouldn't bet the farm on the belief that your grunts are too dumb to eventually figure out the extent to which they are being used. Profit? Oh he'll know what that is all right when he can't send his family to the doctor because he has no money and health insurance....especially when not if he starts hearing things such as few days ago when Fat Freddy whipped out a 275 million dollar wad to buy new 50 Cessna Skycouriers and dibs on 50 more over the next few years.
Oh yea, people are pretty perceptive, they don't miss much. At least not as much as you think they do.

Bounty

If I were you I wouldn't bet the farm on the belief that your grunts are too dumb to eventually figure out the extent to which they are being used. Profit? Oh he'll know what that is all right when he can't send his family to the doctor because he has no money and health insurance....especially when not if he starts hearing things such as few days ago when Fat Freddy whipped out a 275 million dollar wad to buy new 50 Cessna Skycouriers and dibs on 50 more over the next few years.
Oh yea, people are pretty perceptive, they don't miss much. At least not as much as you think they do.
Bacha please. Keep it down, I’m counting on ignorance

bbsam

Staff member
The basic operating structure today is still the same one Dan Sullivan and his UPS buddy along with the 300 million they extracted from the Teamster pension plan devised when they locked themselves in that hotel room down by the Pittsburgh Airport. Oh, it is very much as relevant today as it was in 1985 as evidenced by the fact that you're still fulfilling that same basic mandate as the one created in 1985...... Maximizing shareholder return and the numbers that came out 2 days ago prove it conclusively.
And after all the years and the complaining and the court battles and the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" the basic operating structure today is still the same.

Does that tell you anything?

FedGT

Have to disagree with your hypothesis on this one. First off virtually no Ground contracted employee can decipher quarterly results, besides all of them hear from their contractors at some point that they are getting paid what can be afforded so they know the contractor doesn’t make huge profits (for the most part). Most employees are not rocket scientists but they at least recognize FedEx board is light years away from a Ground contracted driver.
I used to tell my drivers all the time that each route that I had virtually made as much as a UPS driver does but then I have all the costs to have to go out.
A couple of my old drivers asked me a couple months ago how much I made as a contractor so I told them. At first they told me I suck then I told them to remember everything I had to do on a daily basis and reminded them how many hundreds of thousands I had into it and asked them if that was too much keeping that in mind, they did not think it was too much.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Couldn't figure out how to use your other favorite catch phrases? No titanium golf clubs or backhoe buckets? Stolen motor freight would have been an easy one to work in here.

Give him a break. He likes to read this stuff and then repeat it back as if he knows what it all means.

bacha29

Give him a break. He likes to read this stuff and then repeat it back as if he knows what it all means.
You're just hurt and disappointed over the fact that I didn't first come and ask for your permission to review those results or need you to explain what they meant.

bacha29

Why would I want either?
Because you expect every contributor to this site to acknowledge and reinforce your belief that your's is a superior intellect along with your knowledge and experience when it comes to the transportation industry. And anyone who fails to pay the honor and glory you expect will be subjected to personal attacks .

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Because you expect every contributor to this site to acknowledge and reinforce your belief that your's is a superior intellect along with your knowledge and experience when it comes to the transportation industry. And anyone who fails to pay the honor and glory you expect will be subjected to personal attacks .
Spot on!