Potential FedEx Courier,I was offered a position today.

hypo hanna

4-10's eh? What are your days off? If its set up with a rotating day off where you get a 4 day weekend every month, that's not so bad. Anyway all of those promises from mgmt could change in an instant. Before you sign on, ask them what's the definition of "operational needs".

thedownhillEXPRESS

Go ahead and take the job. Just use it as experience and a resume builder. About the only less certain future than an Express courier is a job 8n the public sector.
Depends which state.
If he's in a solid blue state it would be nuts to leave.
But yes,if it's a red state then it's a tie.

Jgd131

I had done some research online and saw that insurance for a family is $400 a month? Is this true? Also does FedEx pay time and a half for overtime? Btw I am in a red state.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I had done some research online and saw that insurance for a family is $400 a month? Is this true? Also does FedEx pay time and a half for overtime? Btw I am in a red state.
Yes to the insurance question.
About 380's for top option with dental and vision.
That top option still has 80/20 coverage which sucks and a maximum out of pocket for family near 10 grand.
How red?
Like Utah red or a toss up state?

thedownhillEXPRESS

I just did a little math.
I'm sure some smart asses will show me my errors but just in premiums alone,you would need to make 16.50 an hour at fedex to be better off than your current job with healthcare.