Potential FedEx Courier,I was offered a position today.

bbsam

Staff member
Just a bridge to retirement, nothing more. If anyone is Fred's favorite, it's all the little Fred Jr's over at Ground implementing his policies.
The only thing Fred likes coming out of Ground are the profits and future couriers who think Express is a step up.

vantexan

Yawn, same tired complaining. They never offered me a pension and I would never trust any company with one anyway. They never promised me raises. They never paid any of my health care costs. You guys complain that FedEx is a dead end job. You're right, if all you do is drive a truck you will continue to be paid accordingly. It's a job requiring no skill or education, the compensation reflects that. If you wanted higher pay you should have developed more marketable skills. There's plenty of room for advancement at FedEx, but not if you stay in the same position.
But they did offer them to us as part of our compensation. "There's plenty of room for advancement...". Really? I like my job just fine, just want them to keep their word, something that used to mean something in this country. You sound like you think it's fine to break your word. Keep one thing in mind, this company is about picking up and delivering packages. What couriers do makes everything else possible. There's no profit without us so maybe a little respect is in order. You keep saying it's a dead end job but it's this company's reason for being. If you are going to treat us like a used Kleenex then don't be surprised if people leave. What it sounds like you are saying is we have no real worth so accept whatever we get and like it. I think people voting with their feet tells the true story and ultimately FedEx will have to cough up better money or it won't remain viable.

vantexan

I know, I know. You're short-time again until you retire to some third world nation . How'd that work last year again?
Worked great, beautiful city, great weather. Fantastic apartment for $450 a month, all inclusive. Next time going by myself, living in a camper, $180 a month in a RV park near Guatemala, cool weather, popular town with Europeans, wi-fi and electric included. Wife loves Kansas, what can I say?

bbsam

Staff member
Worked great, beautiful city, great weather. Fantastic apartment for $450 a month, all inclusive. Next time going by myself, living in a camper, $180 a month in a RV park near Guatemala, cool weather, popular town with Europeans, wi-fi and electric included. Wife loves Kansas, what can I say?
Sounds appealing. Mind if I stop by?

bbsam

Staff member
Help yourself!
Thanks. Our pastor posted some pictures from a website called "in nature" (I think) and ever since then I've had the feeling that I really should get out there and see some of the world. There really is so much to do in a short time.

vantexan

Thanks. Our pastor posted some pictures from a website called "in nature" (I think) and ever since then I've had the feeling that I really should get out there and see some of the world. There really is so much to do in a short time.
I agree, there's more to life than working forever to pay off debt.

Jgd131

Thanks everyone, I ended up passing on the position. I didn't feel as though it would have been a good move. A smart man told me that successful people think in terms of 5,10,15 year blocks. I feel in the long run I'm better off. At $20 an hour I think I would have taken it, but at just $2 more an hour I couldn't.

MAKAVELI

Thanks everyone, I ended up passing on the position. I didn't feel as though it would have been a good move. A smart man told me that successful people think in terms of 5,10,15 year blocks. I feel in the long run I'm better off. At $20 an hour I think I would have taken it, but at just $2 more an hour I couldn't.
Smart man. Good luck on your future endeavors.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Good decision. You won't regret it. FedEx is a big zero these days.