Potential FedEx Courier,I was offered a position today.

MAKAVELI

I assume you're referring to going into management; you don't have to do that to go up in this company. Just have to be willing to relocate.

Although in the op's shoes; honestly I'd rather work in the public sector too. If you can't be part of the solution, there's great money to be made prolonging the problem... especially when the taxpayer is paying for it. ;)
There are so many different jobs in the public sector sector that do make a difference which people like you take for granted. The hardest part of getting a good government job is getting your foot in the door. He's got that.

Jgd131

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have a lot to think about this weekend and give them an answer by Monday. In my current position I am an inspector and the starting pay is low. I know the grass is always greener but I live in a neighborhood with USPS, FedEx, and UPS employees and they all make great money. I know if I stick it out with the State eventually the money will come, but as I said earlier maybe I'm being a little impatient. I know I'd enjoy the courier job but I'm afraid I'll miss a lot of the perks that come with being a state employee, Black Friday is a paid holiday for us for goodness sake.

dezguy

Thanks everyone for your replies, I have a lot to think about this weekend and give them an answer by Monday. In my current position I am an inspector and the starting pay is low. I know the grass is always greener but I live in a neighborhood with USPS, FedEx, and UPS employees and they all make great money. I know if I stick it out with the State eventually the money will come, but as I said earlier maybe I'm being a little impatient. I know I'd enjoy the courier job but I'm afraid I'll miss a lot of the perks that come with being a state employee, Black Friday is a paid holiday for us for goodness sake.
The FedEx guy in your neighbourhood obviously has been with the company for a long time and is topped out. Even then, they're still making a fraction of what a topped out UPS driver is making. You will never see top out at FedEx. I have just under 15 years and am no where close to top out.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Now that you mention holidays, we only get six, this year, maybe only five if we're forced to work Christmas Day. You would definitely be working Black Friday.

The FedEx guy in your neighbourhood obviously has been with the company for a long time and is topped out. Even then, they're still making a fraction of what a topped out UPS driver is making. You will never see top out at FedEx. I have just under 15 years and am no where close to top out.
What Is the "alleged" top out rate,at express?

oldngray

nowhere special
What Is the "alleged" top out rate,at express?
3p6je7.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I actually applied and was contacted for an interview at Fedex for a driving position last summer. Luckily, a good friend of mine talked me out of it....I think I would've regretted that move!

The job itself isn't bad. It's the fact that it's a dead end job is what is bad. Plus, the benefits being whittled away at. If I was 10 years younger I would apply to UPS.

dezguy

I actually applied and was contacted for an interview at Fedex for a driving position last summer. Luckily, a good friend of mine talked me out of it....I think I would've regretted that move! I'll stick with the devil I know...lol
Good move. I apply to UPS a couple times a year but living in a very depressed area, those jobs never open up.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
We still get the tremendous discount at Splash!Splash! Water Park from Nov.1 thru Apr.30 though.......something to think about.

overflowed

whatever your starting pay at express is when you hire on, will be about 4 dollars more in 7 years. That should be enough to make a decision.