Potential FedEx Courier,I was offered a position today.

Jgd131

I was told to come here for advice. Hello, I was offered a courier position with FedEx Express today. I was offered a starting rate of $16.00 per hour and 4, 10 hour shifts. I will not have my own route. A little background information: I have been a state employee for a year now who makes $14.00 per hour with free insurance besides eye and dental. I have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety as well as a minor in Business Admin. Should I accept the position? How is the insurance? I hear raises are few and far between. Thanks.

Justin

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Stay where you are. Your chances of moving up are much better being a state employee. I am a 20+ year Express employee. Our insurance sucks, you will never reach top pay and there is no pension, despite what FedEx might tell you.

You may get paid $16 an hour at FedEx, but by the time you pay weekly for insurance and pay the 20% for any medical, I'm sure it will eat up the difference. Plus, you will never have a normal Christmas again.

bbsam

Staff member
I was told to come here for advice. Hello, I was offered a courier position with FedEx Express today. I was offered a starting rate of $16.00 per hour and 4, 10 hour shifts. I will not have my own route. A little background information: I have been a state employee for a year now who makes $14.00 per hour with free insurance besides eye and dental. I have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety as well as a minor in Business Admin. Should I accept the position? How is the insurance? I hear raises are few and far between. Thanks.

Justin
Go ahead and take the job. Just use it as experience and a resume builder. About the only less certain future than an Express courier is a job 8n the public sector.

!Retired!

Justin
You came to the wrong place to ask.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They could keep the turkeys at Christmas time I'd rather have the $10 that they spend on the turkey and by six pack of beer and a couple lottery tickets.
My Xmas tips is my extra beer money. Every year i got a turkey, I donated it to a food pantry anyway...but it was something. And free ups tshirts...I'd take those over bagels too. I hate buying clothes to destroy at work.

MAKAVELI

My Xmas tips is my extra beer money. Every year i got a turkey, I donated it to a food pantry anyway...but it was something. And free ups tshirts...I'd take those over bagels too. I hate buying clothes to destroy at work.
My customers are very generous at Christmas time and it makes for a very nice bonus. What do I get from FedEx? A rock hard burrito and a frozen turkey.:cool: