Potential FedEx Courier,I was offered a position today.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Exactly. I've been reading posts here for more than 5 years. Nearly all of the loudest critics are still with the company.

I'm still here because as much as I dislike working for FedEx anymore, I dislike even more being homeless. So, I will be here until something better happens, then..... SEE YA!!!

eli winston

I have been a swing driver at express for a few years now. What are the chances and what would be the best approach to get a full time gig at UPS?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have been a swing driver at express for a few years now. What are the chances and what would be the best approach to get a full time gig at UPS?

From what I've read on the UPS side, it all depends on where you are. A bunch of locations are hiring drivers off the street and some aren't. I think they're only hiring seasonals now though.

eli winston

So i can assume it's not likely to land something with courier experience off the street? Station in my area has openings, but i am sure they are just temporary.

eli winston

It kind of sucks because I love the job and its craziness. I am just tired of the pay structure. It's a good thing I am able to do stuff on the side.

DONE

I was told to come here for advice. Hello, I was offered a courier position with FedEx Express today. I was offered a starting rate of $16.00 per hour and 4, 10 hour shifts. I will not have my own route. A little background information: I have been a state employee for a year now who makes $14.00 per hour with free insurance besides eye and dental. I have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety as well as a minor in Business Admin. Should I accept the position? How is the insurance? I hear raises are few and far between. Thanks.

Justin
I was told to come here for advice. Hello, I was offered a courier position with FedEx Express today. I was offered a starting rate of $16.00 per hour and 4, 10 hour shifts. I will not have my own route. A little background information: I have been a state employee for a year now who makes $14.00 per hour with free insurance besides eye and dental. I have a Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety as well as a minor in Business Admin. Should I accept the position? How is the insurance? I hear raises are few and far between. Thanks.

Justin
Do not leave your state job. It would be a HUGE mistake. I left fedex 2 years ago after 15 years there. I now work for the state. Iam 100000 percent happier. FedEx is a dead end job that will get you no where.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Exactly. I've been reading posts here for more than 5 years. Nearly all of the loudest critics are still with the company.
I've been reading posts here for more than 5 years too and you and TheJackal are the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers in the whole company. You two really need to check into a detox center. Maybe CJinx can join you too.

vantexan

The loudest critics are all too old to start over. I'm here at $16hr, 3rd go round, not trained for anything else, but don't care because living overseas is my thing. I was here for the pension, got screwed on that, but still got enough to retire in a couple of years at 55. I'm glad FedEx hired me back, but wouldn't have left if they were fairer with the pay. The only reason I post anymore here is guys like you get me pissed. Gave almost my entire adult life to this company, they lied on just about everything, and guys like you try to spin it away to make the company look better. Is that coherent enough for you?

!Retired!

I've been reading posts here for more than 5 years too and you and TheJackal are the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers in the whole company. You two really need to check into a detox center. Maybe CJinx can join you too.
I find it interesting you consider me a 'Kool-Aid drinker'.