Potential FedEx Courier,I was offered a position today.

It will be fine

You guys know people can read the board without posting right? I have for a while. There's a lot of hate here. Most of it is nonsense. Hating a corporation for putting profit above everything else is silly. That's what corporations are for. Lamenting that your job can be done by people with little experience, which keeps your wages down, is a waste of time. Everyone that works for FedEx is completely expendable by design. Get over it. Make the system work for you or move on.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You guys know people can read the board without posting right? I have for a while. There's a lot of hate here. Most of it is nonsense. Hating a corporation for putting profit above everything else is silly. That's what corporations are for. Lamenting that your job can be done by people with little experience, which keeps your wages down, is a waste of time. Everyone that works for FedEx is completely expendable by design. Get over it. Make the system work for you or move on.
If you enjoy low wages, so be it and if you're married I hope your wife shares that same philosophy.

The rest of us are tired for the company's demands for increased productivity at the risk of jeopardizing safety while wages remain stagnant and benefits dwindle. How about you get over it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Not really an explanation, and you don't really seem to get it. The hate here is legitimate...and deserved.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Fred would charge us for KY...the sand is free.
Ouch , talked with t the fed ex air driver on my ups route, he doesn't know how hes gonna make it with this rodes software. They said he has to justify why he wasn't 100%. He was stressed since his route is changing to a more congested area. He said the sand was very hard to wash out and creating a rash.TMI

vantexan

When you put the years in, and they pull the rug out from under terminating your traditional pension, when they tell you you'll top out in 7-8 years and you aren't even halfway after 15, when they put more and more of your healthcare costs on you to the point you'll be in serious financial trouble if something bad happens, well, you'll have plenty to gripe about when it happens to YOU. If a company has to lie to and cheat it's own employees for no other reason than the exec's getting richer then they should just shut the whole thing down.

thedownhillEXPRESS

When you put the years in, and they pull the rug out from under terminating your traditional pension, when they tell you you'll top out in 7-8 years and you aren't even halfway after 15, when they put more and more of your healthcare costs on you to the point you'll be in serious financial trouble if something bad happens, well, you'll have plenty to gripe about when it happens to YOU. If a company has to lie to and cheat it's own employees for no other reason than the exec's getting richer then they should just shut the whole thing down.
Never thought I would say this,but I would vote for you for any office in the world right now.

It will be fine

Yawn, same tired complaining. They never offered me a pension and I would never trust any company with one anyway. They never promised me raises. They never paid any of my health care costs. You guys complain that FedEx is a dead end job. You're right, if all you do is drive a truck you will continue to be paid accordingly. It's a job requiring no skill or education, the compensation reflects that. If you wanted higher pay you should have developed more marketable skills. There's plenty of room for advancement at FedEx, but not if you stay in the same position.

hypo hanna

Yawn, same tired complaining. They never offered me a pension and I would never trust any company with one anyway. They never promised me raises. They never paid any of my health care costs. You guys complain that FedEx is a dead end job. You're right, if all you do is drive a truck you will continue to be paid accordingly. It's a job requiring no skill or education, the compensation reflects that. If you wanted higher pay you should have developed more marketable skills. There's plenty of room for advancement at FedEx, but not if you stay in the same position.
Yes, you could be a dispatcher or an ops manager or work in inside sales!
(All of which pay less.)

Dex01

Banned

Your missing the greater issue here. One upon a time working as a driver for Fedex was a solid middle class job, but as many on this board will attest to, not so much anymore. Unfortunately, this is hardly the only occupational field to suffer this fate, as half of the working populace in this country are toiling in positions that don't offer as much as a non-contributing 401(k) plan.

As i'm sure you know, the majority of what drives our economy is consumer spending, and there are less and less households with expendable income. I believe the current median household income is around 52,000. If you factor in the average amount of children per household (around 2), and the average amount of household debt, you can see where it would be very difficult for half of the families in this country to "contribute" to the economy via consumer spending.

It's great if your "making it" now, but at the end of the day the majority of your assets are probably tied into the stock market, and eventually the diminished spending power of the middle class will have dire economic consequences for this country. The devaluation of labor is already taking effect. Why do you think our economy has been dependent on a .com bubble, housing bubble, and government spending bubble in recent years? Simply put, there are just not enough people "making it" to keep the system running on its own, which is why talk of "free markets" is ultimately absurd, but that's an issue for another post.

Anyway, in summation, instead of denigrating those you construe to be "unskilled", you may want to consider being more sympathetic, as their plight will have implications for you financial well being someday soon. Unless, of course, your one of those people that has all of their money in gold.

bbsam

Staff member
All that and you keep coming back. You are Fred's favorite, not Dano.