pottery barn discount

hoser

Industrial Slob
You know what happens when people assume, dont you?

Figure these savings, food for thought

$1394.30 a year for savings on stickers
or
$13,000 in workers compensations claims for the worker that gets hurt.

UPS makes a rule re: overweight stickers on their packages, they must stick with them
We all know UPS likes to make the rules when they go along but.......
Lets be serious!
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:, wow, that's, amazing.... you should be a senior engineer for these guys, now THAT'S thinking!

thinking beyond the first degree.... :w00t: wow :tongue_sm what are you doing with brown..

hoser

Industrial Slob
I recommend a discount for UPS and that we patronize our customers. Why not? Would you rather see the Fed Ex driver deliver this volume? Believe me it is very tough to keep those purple guys out of these accounts. I am generally surprised by the answers on this board. Do you want use to just sell letters since they are easy to deliver?
Well, of course, to think that we're entitled to a discount of one of our client's is just insulting. We provide a service to them. Go to Asia where the customer is number one and nothing else. Then you learn what customer service really is.

PS: please, sell letters. An overnight letter makes more money than a 100 lb box of ball-bearings. That's why FX is dominating the express market.

UPS employee discounts do not just help out the brownies, the Companies still make a profit and everyone is happy. Think about it 230,000(or more) potential new customers :)

Shipping discounts are not made to make profit, they're made as a benefit to employees. At FX, you get 90% off shipping, so you can overnight a letter to Qatar or somewhere for $10. Not made to make profit by any stretch of the imagination, you may as well fill up open space on the aircraft (resulting in an extra pound in weight), and have a happy employee that's proud of the product that they deliver (we'd be a bit prouder of our company if we could ship xmas presents to our family via ups for cheap)

Hoser--Go to UPSers.com and see all the customer's discounts on that site. How do you think they got there.....negotiation!! This is not a black and white business as to much of the discussion I read on this site.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Hoser--Go to UPSers.com and see all the customer's discounts on that site. How do you think they got there.....negotiation!! This is not a black and white business as to much of the discussion I read on this site.
If I were giving tens and thousands of dollars a day to a shipping company to move my product, the last thing I would want discussed is selling my product for cheap to the employees of the company that I'm paying good money to. If that shipping company wants to use a product discount to its employees instead of cash to get my business, I'd go to the next company because this company is obviously not very smart.

If I were a small company moving 50 boxes a day, maybe it would be smart of me to offer a discount. I get massive exposure that way, and UPS gets my business. This could be suggested, but I think it's insulting to use it as a bargaining chip.

Now if I have been a client for 10 years and I'm not only satisfied, but I'm buddy buddy with VP sales and we share a love for cigars, I wouldn't mind offering a xx% discount of my product as an act of good will.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but whatever. To suggest that we're entitled, or even a gifted a discount is really off-balance. We're owed nothing but the money that we get for good service.

yeldarb

I have had 16 pottery barn boxes crammed down the middle, which I had to do first thing, only to find that when I got to the house, was told she is refusing 8 of them.

upsman415

Its not just UPS discount they are giving PB. I think UPS saved thier company lending them some money and transfer thier account to UPS. Thats why no limit for PB and Williams and Sonoma boxes.

rushfan

Thank goodness my wife doesn't buy from P.B.

Same thing happens here-the "150" lb carpet roll (actual weight 175), big boxes full of chairs (2 days later I get call tags to pick them up), and the lady who remodels her kid's bedroom-ordering the stuff before the work has begun. She asks me if we warehouse the stuff.

Please, no discounts.

SmithBarney

Go to upsers and see all the "FAKE" discounts... there are some that are good, but take omaha steaks for example... follow the link... then go actually open the omaha site, from a new window... many of the "discounts" are more expensive than regular pricing.

swing_drv

Go to upsers and see all the "FAKE" discounts... there are some that are good, but take omaha steaks for example... follow the link... then go actually open the omaha site, from a new window... many of the "discounts" are more expensive than regular pricing.

Very True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!