PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

badpal

Would be different than in 97 in some ways. In those days very few had a pc at home and no one had a cell phone. We were in the dark information wise most of the time. Remember after about 10 days a business agent finally showed up and told us to pray. With todays technology the news flow and the rumors and misinformation would really fly.

Heavy Package

ugh, another union tough guy.

America is turning into a Part-Time no benefits, no pension, no job protection workforce. When is it time to take a stand?

When does Amazon not make enough?
When does FedEx not make enough?
When does the Government not take enough?
When does $6 BILLION PROFITS THIS YEAR ALONE AT UPS not justify treating workers better and making a better company workforce not make sense?

No one is a tough guy. Let's see what the company can deliver to its customers without us. Last time I checked a computer program won't deliver a package on-time.

FYI-The executives got their bonuses and raises. Did you? Every day I say screw the company BS and I service my customers to the best of my ability. I come home stinking of sweat and I do it each and every day. We work like dogs. Management sits and plays with numbers and attends meeting after useless meeting all in AC with coffee, juice, and pastries. Anyone ever seen our HQ in Atlanta? It is up to the gills in marble and tile and corner offices - enough to choke a horse!

If you're a scab, step aside. There should be no quarter for you when we stand up and win a better contract for all of us this year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
C'mon brother, I think my message was pretty clear . Let me make it clear though , just for your kind . In the event that the company is really pushing for concessions , along with not funding our pension plans with a guarantee , and our health, dental and vision insurance is lesser of the plan most of us enjoy presently "THEN YES , I WILL BE ON THE FRONT LINE , DUG IN THE TRENCHES , DOING WHAT MUST BE DONE FOR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS who are STRIKING right along my side !!! Ride or die , we have got to take care of our livelihood , so many of these selfish pansy scabs who leach off of our sacrifices will reep the benefits that we chose to participate in or during this STRIKE if need be .

What say you , what will you be doing if we strike ?

Let me give you a tip

If you’d tone your rhetoric down a few notches people might pay attention to what you have to say

Now it just looks like you’re running around with your hair on fire

Box Ox

If you’d tone your rhetoric down a few notches people might pay attention to what you have to say

Now it just looks like you’re running around with your hair on fire

FINE, BE A PANSY. I’VE GOT MY OP-INSPIRED TIRE POPPING NAILS AND SLINGSHOT WHEEL BEARINGS READY AND I’M GONNA THUG LIFE UNTIL WE GET A GOOD CONTRACT.

Dumbo

C'mon brother, I think my message was pretty clear . Let me make it clear though , just for your kind . In the event that the company is really pushing for concessions , along with not funding our pension plans with a guarantee , and our health, dental and vision insurance is lesser of the plan most of us enjoy presently "THEN YES , I WILL BE ON THE FRONT LINE , DUG IN THE TRENCHES , DOING WHAT MUST BE DONE FOR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS who are STRIKING right along my side !!! Ride or die , we have got to take care of our livelihood , so many of these selfish pansy scabs who leach off of our sacrifices will reep the benefits that we chose to participate in or during this STRIKE if need be .

I know you are just using metaphors, but I really cannot stand this type of over the top retoric. Front lines, dug in the trenches....Jesus man, it's a job throwing cardboard around. It's not an actual war, nobody is losing their lives here. It's just a job. Hey, call me brother, and I'll call you brother. I'd show up for strike duty, and do my part, but for :censored2:sake I wish people would stop comparing everything to war, especially on Memorial Day weekend. Its disrespectful to actual veterans who have seen it. It's a job which you make the choice to go to every day, and every day you get to go home. It's first world privilege to complain about having a job in a way that makes it sound like forced slavery. Recognize it for what it is. Tone down the retoric a bit.

You sound like your making the speech from :censored2:ing Braveheart before they ride to their actual deaths.

Box Ox

but for :censored2:sake I wish people would stop comparing everything to war

Agree. When I started at UPS and told my parents I’d become a Teamster, they were very worried. Because decades ago, the Teamsters who worked for their family members made some real threats toward them and their kids if they weren’t given solid contracts.

Took a little work to convince the parents that the 21st century Teamsters are not the same as the 20th century Teamsters. Not a good strategy to embrace the “old ways” of doing business if you’d like to get anything done these days.

F

Frankie's Friend

Watching upstate deliver packages.

Future

Victory Ride
Hello all , I'm no different than any of you guys other than I got big cojones (just a personal observation of my 43 year old self ) . Proud to be a 25 year full time Teamster (shifter) and a 24 year Steward at Local 480 (White's Creek) . My brothers and I walked the line in 97 , beat on scabs trailers , blocked supervisors from driving into our hub , tossed nails into the entrance to flatten tires , slingshot wheel bearings at the bright flood lights the company positioned into place to watch us picketing , drank plenty of adult beverages , grilled out and ate well in our makeshift camps etc. etc. . I could only imagine the fun we would have this go around , "IF" we are ordered to strike . Of course I already gave a big "YES" vote to the recently mailed out strike authorization, without that we don't give our representatives any leverage at all , it's like showing up to a gunfight , with no bullets or gun and blindfolded . Personally I do not wish for a strike , unfortunately the company we work for , with all their unreasonable numbers they put on us from unloading packages, Orion, idle times , backing , air , etc etc are incredibly unrealistic forced on us by nerds in cubicles at corporate in Atlanta who have never performed any of these jobs physically (Tetris on your kids IPAD does not count as loading a trailer IMHO.) Striking atleast once in a career UPSer should be a necessary requirement , for the simple fact of showing what actual "UNITY" can achieve ,and yes I do agree the 97 strike did not achieve much , but it did show the company and us Teamsters as well that the consequences can be devastating (losing customers ,revenue,trust etc etc) . But now is the time to get the most bang for our buck ,meaning the company has invested BILLION$$$$ into our infrastructure with planes , tractors , package cars and let's not forget all the new Hubs and expansions to existing hubs like my own hell hole (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee). We have their backs to the wall . With a nationwide shortage of CDL licensed drivers , the company's rigorous package car numbers/expectations ,not to mention the "failure to launch MELINNIUAL Generation kids , the company will be hurting for reliable licensed folks to run our loads/routes which are already hard,unreasonable ,unrealistic to begin with . Also but lets not forget the more important aspect of with President Trumps tax cuts to big business , other company's AT&T , Boeing ,Wal Mart (long list , Google it ) most of those company's gave out bonuses to their employees and made the public they were doing so and pointing out Trumps tax cuts was the sole reason why , meanwhile U.P.S is projected to gain/net a "6" "SIX" BILLION DOLLAR profit this year and has not done shyt for us ,but will regularly say that they cannot give out those perks all the other company's are doing simply because our "contract/UNION "prevents them from doing so , (WHICH IS TOTALLY FALSE ,just factually speaking , without any stipulations our Locals would never ,ever turn down any "bonuses,jobs (preferably full time) or anything that would be rewarding , WTH, we can't even get turkeys or shotguns anymore (yes shotguns,they were gifted back in the day ,some of y'all will dispute this but they did let employees pick those out as retirement or some sort of milestone type of reward, but oh well ). So yes , let's kick their ass , we should cease the moment , DON'T BE SKEERED !!! . My personal advice is have atleast a minimum of "3" weeks pay put back in savings , do not schedule any medical procedures or appointments during the first 2 weeks of August 2018 (my wife has postponed a major cancer preventative surgery ,in which she currently does not have cancer ,but did test positive for tge gene , but its nit immanent and we can put it on hold , sorry TMI,just didnt want folks to get the wrong idea . But an infection or setback during a strike with no insurance could be financially catastrophic (keep in mind not all regions insurances are the same , some regions might cover their members during a strike , others might not , call your Local Business agent and check) . Basically just have your bases covered . Sorry so long , rant over. One love , Unity , Be strong ,be proud ,be a Teamster !!!!!
Holy crap! Lmao....

F

Frankie's Friend

You sound like your making the speech from :censored2:ing Braveheart before they ride to their actual deaths.
You're just saying that because everyone knows that elephants have worked for peanuts for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

Agree. When I started at UPS and told my parents I’d become a Teamster, they were very worried. Because decades ago, the Teamsters who worked for their family members made some real threats toward them and their kids if they weren’t given solid contracts.

Took a little work to convince the parents that the 21st century Teamsters are not the same as the 20th century Teamsters. Not a good strategy to embrace the “old ways” of doing business if you’d like to get anything done these days.
Yeah bro, what about Rome and Coli et al?
And people die from e coli.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Hello all , I'm no different than any of you guys other than I got big cojones (just a personal observation of my 43 year old self ) . Proud to be a 25 year full time Teamster (shifter) and a 24 year Steward at Local 480 (White's Creek) . My brothers and I walked the line in 97 , beat on scabs trailers , blocked supervisors from driving into our hub , tossed nails into the entrance to flatten tires , slingshot wheel bearings at the bright flood lights the company positioned into place to watch us picketing , drank plenty of adult beverages , grilled out and ate well in our makeshift camps etc. etc. . I could only imagine the fun we would have this go around , "IF" we are ordered to strike . Of course I already gave a big "YES" vote to the recently mailed out strike authorization, without that we don't give our representatives any leverage at all , it's like showing up to a gunfight , with no bullets or gun and blindfolded . Personally I do not wish for a strike , unfortunately the company we work for , with all their unreasonable numbers they put on us from unloading packages, Orion, idle times , backing , air , etc etc are incredibly unrealistic forced on us by nerds in cubicles at corporate in Atlanta who have never performed any of these jobs physically (Tetris on your kids IPAD does not count as loading a trailer IMHO.) Striking atleast once in a career UPSer should be a necessary requirement , for the simple fact of showing what actual "UNITY" can achieve ,and yes I do agree the 97 strike did not achieve much , but it did show the company and us Teamsters as well that the consequences can be devastating (losing customers ,revenue,trust etc etc) . But now is the time to get the most bang for our buck ,meaning the company has invested BILLION$$$$ into our infrastructure with planes , tractors , package cars and let's not forget all the new Hubs and expansions to existing hubs like my own hell hole (White's Creek Nashville Tennessee). We have their backs to the wall . With a nationwide shortage of CDL licensed drivers , the company's rigorous package car numbers/expectations ,not to mention the "failure to launch MELINNIUAL Generation kids , the company will be hurting for reliable licensed folks to run our loads/routes which are already hard,unreasonable ,unrealistic to begin with . Also but lets not forget the more important aspect of with President Trumps tax cuts to big business , other company's AT&T , Boeing ,Wal Mart (long list , Google it ) most of those company's gave out bonuses to their employees and made the public they were doing so and pointing out Trumps tax cuts was the sole reason why , meanwhile U.P.S is projected to gain/net a "6" "SIX" BILLION DOLLAR profit this year and has not done shyt for us ,but will regularly say that they cannot give out those perks all the other company's are doing simply because our "contract/UNION "prevents them from doing so , (WHICH IS TOTALLY FALSE ,just factually speaking , without any stipulations our Locals would never ,ever turn down any "bonuses,jobs (preferably full time) or anything that would be rewarding , WTH, we can't even get turkeys or shotguns anymore (yes shotguns,they were gifted back in the day ,some of y'all will dispute this but they did let employees pick those out as retirement or some sort of milestone type of reward, but oh well ). So yes , let's kick their ass , we should cease the moment , DON'T BE SKEERED !!! . My personal advice is have atleast a minimum of "3" weeks pay put back in savings , do not schedule any medical procedures or appointments during the first 2 weeks of August 2018 (my wife has postponed a major cancer preventative surgery ,in which she currently does not have cancer ,but did test positive for tge gene , but its nit immanent and we can put it on hold , sorry TMI,just didnt want folks to get the wrong idea . But an infection or setback during a strike with no insurance could be financially catastrophic (keep in mind not all regions insurances are the same , some regions might cover their members during a strike , others might not , call your Local Business agent and check) . Basically just have your bases covered . Sorry so long , rant over. One love , Unity , Be strong ,be proud ,be a Teamster !!!!!

25 years ago, you were to young t0o be drinkin legally. And our weirdo spectacle goblin lookin m'fer CEO Abney was a hard working local sorter way back in the 70s.

Box Ox

Yeah bro, what about Rome and Coli et al?
And people die from e coli.

fyzop.jpg

brown_trousers

My brothers and I walked the line in 97 , beat on scabs trailers , blocked supervisors from driving into our hub , tossed nails into the entrance to flatten tires , slingshot wheel bearings at the bright flood lights the company positioned into place to watch us picketing
right on! you hold the scabs down, Ill swing the sledge hammer and break their knee caps. Ill also bring some cans of gasoline, so we can pour it over the supervisors cars and light them on fire.