PRAYING FOR A STRIKE IN AUGUST !!!

542thruNthru

Thomas Jefferson said there should be a revolution every 20 years.

It's about time for another strike to balance things out.

That's not exactly right. He also said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." So @FrigidFTSup and @TearsInRain You better come prepared! ;)

ukraine3.gif

PT Car Washer

A Strike is a last resort. But things have changed a bunch since 97. Their is a lot more competition that would be more than happy to steal our customers on the other hand UPS is now a publicly traded company and the shareholders would jump ship pretty fast.
All the more reason for UPS to avoid a strike. Time to roll back some of the concessions over the last 35 years. Starting with the 4 year progression.

All the more reason for UPS to avoid a strike. Time to roll back some of the concessions over the last 35 years. Starting with the 4 year progression.
I doubt that's going to happen. Just like waiting a year to get health insurance.
But they could make the progression a little bit better. I think when we started , our starting rates was around maybe 80%. Not 50% or so like it is now.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
A Strike is a last resort. But things have changed a bunch since 97. Their is a lot more competition that would be more than happy to steal our customers on the other hand UPS is now a publicly traded company and the shareholders would jump ship pretty fast.
Plus labor laws are not the same they once were.

Plus labor laws are not the same they once were.
We was lucky during 97, the police was in our side. They pulled over every management vehicle and asked them for their DOT card. Not sure what kind of support we would have this time. We also had a lot of other unions brothers dropping off beer, soda and food to us.

Hopefully this contract gets done. This is my last Mother Fluffer contract

PT Car Washer

How's your dad doing??
Still living at home. 90 years old but mostly stays in his chair either reading or watching TV. Was over there today to mow and do yard work. Mom takes care of him, just like she does for all of us. I appreciate your asking. Still cashing those Teamster pension checks every month.

tourists24

Fed ex could not absorb our volume in 97.

They are more capable now, as is the post office, plus DHL creeping back in, amazon doing their own thing....the industry has shifted.

A strike, while possibly necessary, will be riskier than 97.
there's no way they can absorb our volume. Regardless, this issue always comes up and it's always the same: a strike is never good for either side then or now. UPS is so worried about the bottom line that they're as scared to strike as anyone. Hoffa has no intention on a strike anyway.