Pre loader excuses

BenHadIt

I don't understand most of these Drivers. They complain loaders effect the quality of there day and yet they treat them like they're beneath them. You would think they would want to have a good working relationship with someone that has so much control over there day.

LocalSteward839

Loader here. My comrades who deliberately sabotage operations to get one over on their cranky drivers are complete p***. I know a lot of drivers can be jerks, but it is so DUMB to put your job in jeopardy all to get a cheap rise out of them . Just WAD and take some pride in your job. What do I care if a driver wants to act like a cry baby and embarrass themselves in front of their coworkers? They’re not my boss as much as some wish they were.
Loader here, former driver, current preload steward. I once had a butthurt loader come to me and say "how do you ruin a driver's day?!" when I asked him why, he said "because he keeps complaining on me!" So this man basically wanted to give his driver a :censored2: load to get back at his driver for complaining about his :censored2: loads. That makes no sense to me.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Why the eff would you even load this clearly empty box on my truck? Now I gotta be the jerk explaining to the customer how they won't be getting their item. SMH.
20210623_184143.jpg

quad decade guy

I don't understand most of these Drivers. They complain loaders effect the quality of there day and yet they treat them like they're beneath them. You would think they would want to have a good working relationship with someone that has so much control over there day.
In theory.....preload should be down and gone at start time.......if so......the two would/should never meet.

quad decade guy

Our hub has a few millionaires.

One guy had an alcohol problem and a very rich dad who died, so his inheritance was tied to the condition of maintaining a full-time job.

There's me, for whom a single million isn't enough to retire.

Then there's the diversity manager who thinks he runs the hub, and got lawsuit payouts from UPS every time somebody noticed that he sucked at his job.

And a few random package car drivers who made it through the gauntlet of a decent paying job without getting all of it taken by some woman.
You know this how? Exactly now.

quad decade guy

Imagine telling a teamster to go get a real job. JC guys.
Go full time......they are hiring off the street here. $100k jobs go unfilled from the inside.

Now, what is so special about a teamster?

I went full time the very second I could and never looked back. Matter of fact got my part time job because it paid well and free insurance. But full time opened up a whole new world. See, even at 18, I realized part time was meant to be temporary.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It's funny.

The amount of care they have may be related to the pay rate they get.

Did you support higher wages for them?
I’m sorry but I don’t endorse that. Whatever position I held, no matter the pay rate, I worked my ass off. This is how I was raised. If you hate the job that much and feel like you are worth more, then friend*ing quit. Don’t be a slacker.

wilberforce15

You know this how? Exactly now.
It's not hard to know.

We know that our 'diverse' manager has sued ups a few times and made bank.

We know that our coworker has a rich dad and and alcohol problem, because he has a beer belly, an aged face, and a small private plane. And he tells us he has to keep a ft job to keep the money.

And I know that i have a million because I trade it every day.

What's hard/

wilberforce15

I’m sorry but I don’t endorse that. Whatever position I held, no matter the pay rate, I worked my ass off. This is how I was raised. If you hate the job that much and feel like you are worth more, then friend*ing quit. Don’t be a slacker.
I felt that way a decade or two ago.

wilberforce15

Say, why don't you quit in protest? Or never have taken the job? Instead of deliberately doing damage to our company? Matter of fact....could be considered theft...
I don't sabotage. I just positively refuse to go above and beyond the direct duty, and occasionally let a few things slip.

Why don't I quit in protest?

Because when it's done on my own terms, I have a sweet gig.

Yolo

What do you consider a millionaire? We have plenty of guys that have over $1 million in net worth. Between real estate, 401k, UPS stock and other investments.

$350,000 House $500,000 in 401k $150,000 in ups stock. Very doable with time if you're not paying $850 a month for a F150 Super Duty Diesel Turbo Power Cummins or whatever overpriced truck you thought you needed. Also helps not to have 2-3 ex-wives.

wilberforce15

What do you consider a millionaire? We have plenty of guys that have over $1 million in net worth. Between real estate, 401k, UPS stock and other investments.

$350,000 House $500,000 in 401k $150,000 in ups stock. Very doable with time if you're not paying $850 a month for a F150 Super Duty Diesel Turbo Power Cummins or whatever overpriced truck you thought you needed. Also helps not to have 2-3 ex-wives.
Personally, I only consider someone a millionaire if they can actually put a million dollars in their hands if they wanted to.

Inflated real estate, vehicle value, and inaccessible stock just doesn't count so much.