Pre loader excuses

Off the leash

Preload makes or breaks your day. I could tell instantly that my regular loader was out when put my cooler in the car as I walked past. I knew then I had a long day ahead of me.

quad decade guy

Because they don’t have a life outside of work.
K. Maybe.....not likely in this scenario.

In my experience...these type of people......were there to manipulate their load....lobby the mgt. for different splits......massage the load(fix preloads disaster)....in other words.....prepare their load for a smoother day. Yes, these folks screwed over their fellow drivers to help themselves.
Most Drivers come to work 90 minuets some even 2 hours before start time just to complain.
Bingo^^^^^^

When I worked at a certain hub for 30 years....my commute was actually close enough to ride my bicycle to work(getting off after dark in winter was a little too sketchy). So, commute/traffic not a factor and I could get there with a small margin. In the end I only worked about 3 days a week.

Now that I live a solid hour away....I leave 2 hours early to give a big cushion. A detour or closed road can mean big delays....

ToteHoarder

Thank you for saying this.
I had to work years to get what part timers are starting out with.
I did a good job everyday and i was making $8.50.
Whatever Chick Fil A is doing to produce great employees, UPS needs to mimic.
Humane work loads and working conditions. Basically a fair days work for a fair days pay.