Predicted Peak Volume

Purplepackage

Same old at my station.

All swings on overflow starting this week to brace for some kind of volume that never comes.

I’m not sure I’ve ever worked more than 35-40 hours on the week of thanksgiving

Purplepackage

I think it will be a very light season in many places. Especially since they think it will be less than last year's very light peak.

yeah I can’t relate with that, last year was the busiest peak I have seen in 10 years

and just to clarify that, I’ve worked here since before ground existed. Still the busiest

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member
Since Thanksgiving is later this year, our gap between Thanksgiving and Xmas is 6 days shorter than last year. I'm curious how much effect this will have on us, since people will still do the same amount of shopping, but less actual delivery days to get it all out.

I know the area I deliver in is already pretty busy even without Amazon.

MassWineGuy

If you prefer being a walking zombie for 3 weeks just for extra money, good for you lol

Zombies come but once a year. Enjoy it now because next year Express will be reducing its domestic and international cargo flights. This would have to affect normal station volume. I’m thinking we’ll have our shifts reduced at some point.

FedEx doesn’t lay people off. They just make employees wish they were laid off.

Purplepackage

Zombies come but once a year. Enjoy it now because next year Express will be reducing its domestic and international cargo flights. This would have to affect normal station volume. I’m thinking we’ll have our shifts reduced at some point.

FedEx doesn’t lay people off. They just make employees wish they were laid off.

I only hope for all of that

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We’re you always so warm and personable, or is it something that just developed over time?

He's just some dumb old guy who thought he was smarter than all those above him, which explains why HE was working for THEM :D Every station is required to have one.

ManInBrown

Black Friday paid day off at the dead end job known as UPS feeder driver. Cant wait for a beautiful 4 day weekend, followed by a peak of driving around in the middle of the night doing nothing for 95K a year.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Geez Jethro, did I hurt your feelings or something? Just answer the question, what HAS been done to IMPROVE the customer experience with all your wonderful data? And don't hand me that purple promise BS either.

Increased percentage of same day resolutions on DEX 3s and DEX 8s. Reductions in standalones to decrease RDLs; station specific plans to address those stations that had issues with origin WDLs.

So what good is the data if it's not being used? Side with Dano all you want but he's just a numbers guy that wouldn't know how to make positive customer experience changes than some junior high school kid would.

There are still NFL coaches with your mindset. "Them numburz don't mean nuthin'! All them book lernin' aigheads!"