Britt

Hi, I’ve been a preloader for a little over 5 months now, and I just discovered that my time card had been changed on multiple occasions because of my location along the belt in the building. If you’re loading at a spot closer to the trailer, Less time is taken off your card. I work on the spot farthest away so, if our start time is 4:45, I have to be there at 4:45! But! Because of my placement, the clock automatically docs me 30 minutes!! I was just wondering if any other facilities were set up like this? (I’ve included a picture of one of our past schedules for reference) I asked my supervisor and he said everyone on the belt pretty much has a different start time HOWEVER we are all told to be there when the belt starts.

Attachments

• DAED8FD9-BD53-45A0-9C68-4F1FE155A51B.jpeg
    DAED8FD9-BD53-45A0-9C68-4F1FE155A51B.jpeg
    859.1 KB · Views: 236

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hi, I’ve been a preloader for a little over 5 months now, and I just discovered that my time card had been changed on multiple occasions because of my location along the belt in the building. If you’re loading at a spot closer to the trailer, Less time is taken off your card. I work on the spot farthest away so, if our start time is 4:45, I have to be there at 4:45! But! Because of my placement, the clock automatically docs me 30 minutes!! I was just wondering if any other facilities were set up like this? (I’ve included a picture of one of our past schedules for reference) I asked my supervisor and he said everyone on the belt pretty much has a different start time HOWEVER we are all told to be there when the belt starts.
If you start working at 445 you should be paid from 445 am to whatever you work, dont do any work until 445 and if your getting docked 30 minutes find your union rep and file

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
and if their saying you start based on ur postion say ten minutes later then dont clock in until then

Britt

and if their saying you start based on ur postion say ten minutes later then dont clock in until then
We’re all told to clock in upon arrival and not to be later than when the posted belt start time because of the lay offs. He sends home at lest 3 people every day because there’s too many of us.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That sup needs to be posting YOUR start time without any funny math to you with 24 hours or sometimes even last week's advance notice. 5 months seniority is enough seniority to never ever be laid off the preload ever again.

Sups get paid to be a useless job, let them calculate your start time. Not you.

Britt

That sup needs to be posting YOUR start time without any funny math to you with 24 hours or sometimes even last week's advance notice. 5 months seniority is enough seniority to never ever be laid off the preload ever again.

Sups get paid to be a useless job, let them calculate your start time. Not you.
That’s the thing, none of us in my hub have a set position. Every morning after the belt starts my sup starts at the top of seniority and asks everyone if they want to go home until he’s filled up to however many he needs to send home that day. Meaning; Normally I’m outside but if someone towards the front gets sent home I’m told to take their spot. It’s constant switching around and you never know who’s spot you’re gonna get. :/

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That’s the thing, none of us in my hub have a set position. Every morning after the belt starts my sup starts at the top of seniority and asks everyone if they want to go home until he’s filled up to however many he needs to send home that day. Meaning; Normally I’m outside but if someone towards the front gets sent home I’m told to take their spot. It’s constant switching around and you never know who’s spot you’re gonna get. :/
An updated start (based on position) time is not 24 hours notice, If you have to be there at 4:45 to receive verbal instructions then you are being paid at 4:45. Sounds like a dumb game, make the sup lose it.

Britt

An updated start (based on position) time is not 24 hours notice, If you have to be there at 4:45 to receive verbal instructions then you are being paid at 4:45.
Exactly. I spoke to a co-worker about it who’s been there for 10 years or so and he said that our sup changes the clocks due to our position on the belt. I just wanted to know if this was a normal thing among every hub or if it’s even allowed or what. My schedule this morning was 4:45 but the time card when I punched out said I clocked in at 5:15.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
PS if you ever have some crazy whacky winnable grievance you should learn who the driver shop steward is because it really grabs their attention when a driver shop steward leaves 5 minutes late to settle a PT preloader's grievance discussion.

MattM

Do you know they are changing the time at the start of the shift?
To hell with that. I'm going back outside to my car to wait for my real start time.

They're trying to get free work out of y'all.

If it doc's you 30, show up later, wait in your car, or sit in breakdown until your real time starts.

Britt

Do you know they are changing the time at the start of the shift?
To hell with that. I'm going back outside to my car to wait for my real start time.

They're trying to get free work out of y'all.
Nope. The belt always starts when the posted time on the board is. But the positions on the belt are what makes the time card different from what I’ve been told. Everyone needs to be there on the start time so we know who can be sent home and who can fill what spot. The higher the seniority, the more likely to keep your spot or get sent home (if you want). If you’re lower then you bounce all over the map.