GenericUsername

If they require you to be there at a certain time, you're paid from that point on, period. If they edit your timecard, file a grievance and also write a letter to HR. If the supervisor is doing shady stuff, they'll see them to the door to protect the company.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They will probably say two things to you to convince you to drop a grievance but it is absolutely necessary in your case: That "it would violate the seniority of others to start at 4:45" and "there is no work for you to do at 4:45". If you want to be nice then suggest an early/normal start time system like every belt in local 162 because it increases the pool to enough employees that 1-2 people missing from the front end or "early" start roster will not necessitate additional employees. Otherwise they can get the privilege of paying everyone at 4:45.

Britt

They will probably say two things to you to convince you to drop a grievance but it is absolutely necessary in your case: That "it would violate the seniority of others to start at 4:45" and "there is no work for you to do at 4:45". If you want to be nice then suggest an early/normal start time system like every belt in local 162 because it increases the pool to enough employees that 1-2 people missing from the front end or "early" start roster will not necessitate additional employees. Otherwise they can get the privilege of paying everyone at 4:45.
I’m really worried about filing and nothing being done about it. I get paid 14 an hour but if I’m showing up at the time posted everyday but getting 30 minutes taken off my time, that’s 2.5 hours of work I’m doing for nothing!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I mean, check this out.
let's consider a building with 30+ employees, 4 belts with 6 positions each and a basic unload/spa/sort.
18 employees get regular start at 4:44 in seniority order and can opt for a layoff.
12+ employees get delayed start at 4:50 and layoffs are then offered/forced again as needed.
Easy peasy.

Britt

I mean, check this out.
let's consider a building with 30 employees, 4 belts with 6 positions each and a basic unload/spa/sort.
18 employees get regular start at 4:44 in seniority order and can opt for a layoff.
12 employees get delayed start at 4:50 and layoffs are then offered/forced again as needed.
Easy peasy.
So wait. Other facilities have more than one long belt that runs from the front to the back????? (I’m sorry I’m trying understand what you mean :( )

542thruNthru

Oh! I signed up with the union, I didn’t know that’s what it’s called.

You're under the southern region supplmental.

First go here and download the National Master Agreement and the Southern region.
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

They are your contracts

Personally I think the Southern has the worst language for PT schedules.

But..
You are being ordered to report to work at a certain time and Article 17 of the NMA say that you should be paid.
Screenshot_20200224-170122_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Speak with other employees tomorrow (not supervisors) and find out what teamster local you are. Its should be a # like I am teamster local 542. Once you know this info we will be able to help you more.

RTCD

They pull this at our building as well, only 10 minutes is the differential (every day). Start time at say 4:00am but timecard for those at the end of the belt is 4:10 even though everyone has to punch in by 4:00.

No one cared when I brought the issue up; everyone said that’s just how it is. I ended up punching in on time and watching everything go by me until my real start time (10 mins later).

A 30 minute delay is simply stealing your time and not right.

542thruNthru

They pull this at our building as well, only 10 minutes is the differential (every day). Start time at say 4:00am but timecard for those at the end of the belt is 4:10 even though everyone has to punch in by 4:00.

No one cared when I brought the issue up; everyone said that’s just how it is. I ended up punching in on time and watching everything go by me until my real start time (10 mins later).

A 30 minute delay is simply stealing your time and not right.

If I'm told to be there at 4... I'm damn well being paid.

Britt

You're under the southern region supplmental.

First go here and download the National Master Agreement and the Southern region.
UPS and UPS Freight Agreements, 2018 – 2023

They are your contracts

Personally I think the Southern has the worst language for PT schedules.

But..
You are being ordered to report to work at a certain time and Article 17 of the NMA say that you should be paid.
View attachment 284218

Speak with other employees tomorrow (not supervisors) and find out what teamster local you are. Its should be a # like I am teamster local 542. Once you know this info we will be able to help you more.
Thank you so much!!!

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I am not fully aware how the belts work myself but I believe our two nearby buildings use approximately 4 belts each. They are sorted from a junction and sent out into separate building corners or something like that. They both service nearby cities a few miles out from the core.
Sounds like you are in the sticks.