Problems recording breaks

ToteHoarder

Since adoption of the new diad 6 I’ve noticed when starting a break the timer will always jump forward a second or two and I’ve always been suspicious of this but have not brought up or discussed this issue with anyone.

Today I started a break and it skipped forward 01:05 with the next tick hitting 01:06 as soon as I hit the start break button.

How much time is UPS stealing from how many thousands of workers with these new diads?

Since adoption of the new diad 6 I’ve noticed when starting a break the timer will always jump forward a second or two and I’ve always been suspicious of this but have not brought up or discussed this issue with anyone.

Today I started a break and it skipped forward 01:05 with the next tick hitting 01:06 as soon as I hit the start break button.

How much time is UPS stealing from how many thousands of workers with these new diads?
It's messed up.

What kind of rookies are writing this software for one of the biggest companies in the world?

UPS is shooting themselves in the foot. I was written up yesterday for sheeting a next day air 5 seconds into 12:00.

12:00 is 60 seconds long…
We didn’t have this issue before this diad 6.
The software is horrible and many tasks make you do additional keystrokes.
Plus it crashes constantly

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What kind of rookies are writing this software for one of the biggest companies in the world?

UPS is shooting themselves in the foot. I was written up yesterday for sheeting a next day air 5 seconds into 12:00.

No. Next days have to be done before 12.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

-gPLJx.gif

tripperslipper

OK to operate
I completely agree UPS scams us at every given opportunity but this ain't it. The diad clock starts ticking when you press the OK button to confirm the time, not when you hit the start break button (and in UPS' defense, it ends in the same manner). As for the extra minute added, you probably accidentally rolled back the start time dial by one minute.
Regardless, who cares. Play on your phone for 30 seconds throughout the day to get your time back.

PPH_over_9000

This type of thing happens when the minute changes after you begin entering the break.

Say it's 13:00 and you pull over, go to timeouts and start inputting your break. If you select 13:00 as the start time and it turns 13:01 by the time you hit the "Start Break" button, you will notice that it calculates your break as if it started a full minute prior.

This is how runners skip their break. Look at the current time, and when you enter in the break just put the start time as an hour prior. When you hit "Start Break" the counter will start at 01:00:00 instead of 00:00:01.

This is not advice, by the way. I would suggest not doing it at all, as the company will consider it dishonest if you're not in their good graces.

PPH_over_9000

I completely agree UPS scams us at every given opportunity but this ain't it. The diad clock starts ticking when you press the OK button to confirm the time, not when you hit the start break button (and in UPS' defense, it ends in the same manner). As for the extra minute added, you probably accidentally rolled back the start time dial by one minute.
Regardless, who cares. Play on your phone for 30 seconds throughout the day to get your time back.

100%

To expand further (and forgive me if this is hard to understand, it's kind of hard to articulate), if you start your break in the same minute as the start time you entered, the buffer gap will be like 1-5 seconds since the DIAD marks the exact time to the second in the board.

But if your start time is entered at 13:00 and you don't actually start the break and change the screen until 13:01, then it's gonna take a whole minute from you without considering the seconds.

This can all be avoided if you just wait for the clock to strike to the next minute, and then enter in your break time and hit "Start Break." Then it should start at 00:00:01-00:00:05 depending on how bad your board is lagging and how quick you are at navigating the user interface.

Thebrownblob

Coming soon we have to start putting our upsers password in there again….good grief
I heard something about that, but didn’t pay attention. The day I go to clock in I’ll just stand there with a dumb look on my face and as it gets closer to 1030 I’ll ask for air help.

PPH_over_9000

Coming soon we have to start putting our upsers password in there again….good grief

Ayyyy so I recently had to change myUPSers password.
I couldn't think of one I'd remember that I haven't already used before, so I let google select one of those strong passwords for me. something like 56 characters and almost none of them are letters.

The next day, they announced we'd soon have to enter our UPSers password to punch in.

LMAO