Problems recording breaks

Thebrownblob

Ayyyy so I recently had to change myUPSers password.
I couldn't think of one I'd remember that I haven't already used before, so I let google select one of those strong passwords for me. something like 56 characters and almost none of them are letters.

The next day, they announced we'd soon have to enter our UPSers password to punch in.

LMAO
Password1234

allahuakbar

She/Her
What kind of rookies are writing this software for one of the biggest companies in the world?

UPS is shooting themselves in the foot. I was written up yesterday for sheeting a next day air 5 seconds into 12:00.

12:00 is 60 seconds long…
We didn’t have this issue before this diad 6.
Scanning at 12 is late. 11:59 is on time

Pullman Brown

They could care less about any of this break time etc.. some of our drivers over -allowed looks like they went on a week long cruise during lunch! Sidenote, I’m not talking about legitimate messed up time allowances either. It’s amazing again how where you live and a thousand other reasons determines what your management’s responses are. Supervisors and managers are just burned out and tired of corporate and the union. When you don’t have the staffing you can’t afford to nitpick and harass-you overlook a lot!

oldngray

nowhere special
They could care less about any of this break time etc.. some of our drivers over -allowed looks like they went on a week long cruise during lunch! It’s amazing again how where you live and a thousand other reasons determines what your management’s responses are. Supervisors and managers are just burned out and tired of Corporate and the Union. When you don’t have the staffing you can’t afford to nitpick and harass-you overlook a lot!
When you quit worrying about under allowed and making bonus everything else gets easier. You get paid by the hour so if it takes you longer no problem if you are on the clock.

Pullman Brown

When you quit worrying about under allowed and making bonus everything else gets easier. You get paid by the hour so if it takes you longer no problem if you are on the clock.

Yes and no. It’s not that simple. Some drivers time allowances on these routes are terrible. If that’s the case I agree.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Yes and no. It’s not that simple. Some drivers time allowances on these routes are terrible. If that’s the case I agree.
That's my route, time allowances are terrible. I just accept it and move on. We are a bonus center but I know I'll never even be close.
Follow the methods, be safe, and clock out when I'm all done. That's how it goes.

ManInBrown

The IVIS device we use in feeders also jams you for 30-60 seconds of your time for free. When you go to punch out you have to certify a bunch of different screens for that days work. Problem is your punch out time is calculated while you are certifying those different screens, not when you’re finished. If I’m holding your device and I’m doing something on the clock, I should be paid. I don’t work for free, I don’t care how long it is. This needs to be fixed. Punch out time should be when I’m all done with the ivis. And I don’t care that we drive around all day, do nothing and never lift a finger. Got nothing to do with it.

tripperslipper

OK to operate
The IVIS device we use in feeders also jams you for 30-60 seconds of your time for free. When you go to punch out you have to certify a bunch of different screens for that days work. Problem is your punch out time is calculated while you are certifying those different screens, not when you’re finished. If I’m holding your device and I’m doing something on the clock, I should be paid. I don’t work for free, I don’t care how long it is. This needs to be fixed. Punch out time should be when I’m all done with the ivis. And I don’t care that we drive around all day, do nothing and never lift a finger. Got nothing to do with it.
I would not stand for that (or even sit for it, as a feeder). Every day I'd be in the office talking about how they need to add a minute to my timecard yesterday, or if not there's a class action on the horizon. Many drivers in my center are at their wits end and the fact is the diad V took 5 minutes to punch in. 5 minutes * $20/hr = $433 dollars per year per driver (bottom scale). And a person won a class action lawsuit over this "trivial" matter in a city less than 100 miles away from me - and their punch in process was 30 seconds, not 5 minutes. It all depends if the supervisors want to keep getting on my nerves. Because I truly don't care about 5 minutes, but i would be glad to start doing so...

PPH_over_9000

If you forget to turn the screen off and put it in the pouch. Part of why I don’t use a pouch anymore.

You can turn off the screen? What button?

That would prevent raindrops from stop-completing and jumping ahead in the itinerary. I thought we just had to wait for it to time out and go black on it's own.