Problems recording breaks

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
After 12:00 records as 12:00.01 in the new diad. Don't worry, your on road will get on a conference call and find out how to hide your late air from corporate. They always do. Make your numbers . Service took a back seat long ago. That's what the stockholders want. If you have a late air just tell them like they tell the stockholders. You had some "headwinds".

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
That's my route, time allowances are terrible. I just accept it and move on. We are a bonus center but I know I'll never even be close.
Follow the methods, be safe, and clock out when I'm all done. That's how it goes.
True it you really do that. Take full hour on area and don't run. Most can't do it.

AKCoverMan

Since adoption of the new diad 6 I’ve noticed when starting a break the timer will always jump forward a second or two and I’ve always been suspicious of this but have not brought up or discussed this issue with anyone.

Today I started a break and it skipped forward 01:05 with the next tick hitting 01:06 as soon as I hit the start break button.

How much time is UPS stealing from how many thousands of workers with these new diads?
I don’t even enter my break until it’s done. Not a problem.

AKCoverMan

What kind of rookies are writing this software for one of the biggest companies in the world?

UPS is shooting themselves in the foot. I was written up yesterday for sheeting a next day air 5 seconds into 12:00.

12:00 is 60 seconds long…
We didn’t have this issue before this diad 6.
I mean I would laugh so hard during this meeting with management. Ok, so five seconds over 9.5 is one of Your three strikes now. Have fun with that….

AKCoverMan

Scanning at 12 is late. 11:59 is on time
I mean if you are scanning last NDA stop at noon you obviously are trying to get as much volume off car by noon as possible while still making service. Dang they should just say “thank you” but wanna go the other direction? Fine. Tomorrow deliver straight NDA not a single other piece. Then start route over. File 9.5 and miss commercial as needed. They can be taught!!

Hot Carl

When you quit worrying about under allowed and making bonus everything else gets easier. You get paid by the hour so if it takes you longer no problem if you are on the clock.
I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve looked at it since I qualified that didn’t involve a supervisor asking me what’s taking so long. The numbers on my route are so obviously arbitrary anyway.

As for the DIAD stealing minutes from you here and there, I always find a way to take that minute back when it happens. Just stretch that bathroom break out a liiiiiitle bit longer.

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
It’s some faulty :censored2: with the system inside the diad itself. I’ve noticed it a couple of times. If you start a break in real word time at like 12:00:45 seconds as soon as it hits 1201 it will automatically round your break up. I always have them correct it and I take my lunch correctly in my time and have them adjust it. Not dealing with their faulty :censored2: taking time away from me. I give 0 seconds for free to this company.

iruhnman630

I thought this post would be about Diad 6 saying "you have exceeded your allowed number of break periods" when you try to enter your 10 minute paid break after your unpaid lunch