Problems with people working “off the Clock”?---Here you go

scisector9

To play devils advocate if you are in a bonus center and work for free in the am for 20 minutes sorting or grabbing ground to go with your air you theoretically are getting paid for that work just starting your day earlier so you can get home earlier.

S

selfcancelsignal

On certain routes, the only time I work off the clock is setting up my PC for the afternoon at the tail end of my lunch. It usually over laps so I'm on the clock by the time I'm finished. Steady & methodical. Laid back.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
could this be used for the drivers that view the computers in the morning for their ORION dispatch??
Orion is blocked for download until 8:30 . No one knows what they have and 8:45 is when we start. So don't look at it until 8:45.

brown metal coffin

One problem that I have with it is when the guy in my loop who gets there early to set up his truck finishes much earlier than I do daily; and then he needs someone to get his last pick up or two so that can get back even earlier some days. Tough to see how dispatch can have a driver in the loop get back 2 hours earlier than everyone else and there be no adjustment. Even during Christmas he's at the gas pumps by 630. Just scratch my head and keep on counting clicks to the tune of .80 cents a minute. Even taking a leak is profitable. God Bless America! :greedy:

oldngray

nowhere special
One problem that I have with it is when the guy in my loop who gets there early to set up his truck finishes much earlier than I do daily; and then he needs someone to get his last pick up or two so that can get back even earlier some days. Tough to see how dispatch can have a driver in the loop get back 2 hours earlier than everyone else and there be no adjustment. Even during Christmas he's at the gas pumps by 630. Just scratch my head and keep on counting clicks to the tune of .80 cents a minute. Even taking a leak is profitable. God Bless America! :greedy:

I had a guy like that next me. He would get done early and then I would have to cover any late issues on his route. Of course he was also the same person who would spend all day on the phone crying for help (he needed to spend more time delivering and less time on the phone whining) if he thought he would be out late (or later than he liked) even if everyone around him already had more work than him. I might get a message to go help him and I would reply, do you want me to have missed stops on my own route to go help him?

Future

Victory Ride
Same exact thing goes on in my center....lol........i do think of your sentence frequently while takin a leak for many years.....funny you brought it out on here!

PT Car Washer

One of the biggest problem with working off the clock is management telling new employees that to make their numbers maybe they should start a little bit earlier off the clock. Sounds like it works for seniority workers also.

Overpaid Union Thug

To play devils advocate if you are in a bonus center and work for free in the am for 20 minutes sorting or grabbing ground to go with your air you theoretically are getting paid for that work just starting your day earlier so you can get home earlier.
But in reality IE and their super computers pick up on those bad habits and deduct any time saved (bonus) off of the time allowances. This is why some bonus babies will run up their miles and will even grab "misloads" out of another truck that will give them the extra miles they need to plan but still get down early. It baffles my mind because if they would just do their jobs correctly every day then their time allowances wouldn't shrink.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I quit worrying about what other drivers do a long time ago. If it's a new driver I'll give them a heads up on how the system works, but after that they're on their own unless they ask for my advice/opinion. We're all adults here and if someone wants to work for free so they can get done earlier that's their business. If I have a problem with my dispatch I take it up with management and leave the other drivers out of it.

aiian

a great many of the idiots that come on and set the truck up off the clock and then run all day are the same ones who get sent to help me in the PM

I try to explain this to the poor kid next to me every flipping time he comes to take some extra work.

He simply isn't doing himself any favors by running and skipping his lunch to be in by 5 o'clock.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of the biggest problem with working off the clock is management telling new employees that to make their numbers maybe they should start a little bit earlier off the clock. Sounds like it works for seniority workers also.
Idiots working off the clock is precisely why their calculated PPH numbers are total BS. Your PPH isn't 300/hr for 1200 packages when you worked off the clock for 20 min....then worked 4 hours. I don't touch a box until start time.