PROJECT DRAGON

dezguy

Compliments to you for being blessed, saving, and making good financial decisions Falcon. Making more in retirement than when working is very rare. If thats the case for you, why then do you feel the need to come on an online forum of your former employer to argue with and belittle people? Isnt your living the dream lifestyle enough for you to be complete? Im going to be retiring in a couple of years and financially I will be OK. But I would never lord my success over others who for one reason or another are not in the same position that I am. I am grateful for what I have. Why aren't you?
Oh so now that troll is saying it makes more in retirement than when it was working? That's interesting considering I have told him a few times, after it tried to goad me into an argument over how it has life so good and I'm going to struggle to get by in retirement, that he doesn't have to worry about me and that me and my wife will be making more in retirement than when we were working.

The lies keep piling up. First it wasn't oldfart, then it was. How many more lies will it get caught in?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Compliments to you for being blessed, saving, and making good financial decisions Falcon. Making more in retirement than when working is very rare. If thats the case for you, why then do you feel the need to come on an online forum of your former employer to argue with and belittle people? Isnt your living the dream lifestyle enough for you to be complete? Im going to be retiring in a couple of years and financially I will be OK. But I would never lord my success over others who for one reason or another are not in the same position that I am. I am grateful for what I have. Why aren't you?
Bragging is a product of insecurity and an unfulfilled need for acceptance.

bacha29

Long term care insurance will take care of my assisted living needs. The company offered it years ago and I began paying way before I was 50. Somewhere around $18 a month for about 6k a month in coverage. Had it for years and hope I never need it but it's there if I do. Proper planning you tool. I did it, you didn't. Nice try though.
6K per month and for how many months? (lol) And BTW the CURRENT average per day cost for a stay in a skilled nursing home facility? $275 a day. That 6K won't help much when you reach that age the way costs are going in that sector. Which helps to explain why many insurers have exited the business.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Lol. You hate the fact that someone had a 40 year plan for retirement and implemented that plan and now lives the good life. Your plan was to not save or sacrifice and now that you retired, you scrape by. I take it you didn't take advantage of the Long Term Care insurance offered years ago. It was a fantastic plan though it seemed not needed when I began buying it. Now that I am older, I am glad I did.
You sound like an ‘effin parrot that won’t shut up. Too bad your not even half as smart as one.

Your wife is probably out cheating on you while you waste time playing crappy golf and fishing at spots that dried up 20 years ago. She also said you’re hung like a hamster.

bacha29

You sound like an ‘effin parrot that won’t shut up. Too bad your not even half as smart as one.

Your wife is probably out cheating on you while you waste time playing crappy golf and fishing at spots that dried up 20 years ago. She also said you’re hung like a hamster.
Spending money on golf ,fishing, car races etc,.... it's just nickels and dimes stuff. He thinks he's spending real money .

falcon back

6K per month and for how many months? (lol) And BTW the CURRENT average per day cost for a stay in a skilled nursing home facility? $275 a day. That 6K won't help much when you reach that age the way costs are going in that sector. Which helps to explain why many insurers have exited the business.
Maxes at 18 months. But around here 6k will get a very nice facility. Either way, 6k from insurance is better than nothing, especially for barely $200 a year In premiums. Talk to any financial planner, LTC insurance is critical to retirement planning.

falcon back

Spending money on golf ,fishing, car races etc,.... it's just nickels and dimes stuff. He thinks he's spending real money .
Oh yeah. The jealousy and bitterness is killing you. That's OK, maybe you can enjoy retirement once your White Castle raise kicks in. Look for me on the Red Sox-Yankee game. I will be wearing a Red Sox hat and shirt..

bacha29

Maxes at 18 months. But around here 6k will get a very nice facility. Either way, 6k from insurance is better than nothing, especially for barely $200 a year In premiums. Talk to any financial planner, LTC insurance is critical to retirement planning.
18 months . Speaking for myself and perhaps most if not all of the other contributors to this site..... It really and truly is our hope that you don't live to see the exhaustion of those 18 months. We really don't want to see you languish and suffer. (LMAO). And BTW. Don't expect that "very nice facility" to take you in for 6K a month when you arrive at their doorstep.

falcon back

18 months . Speaking for myself and perhaps most if not all of the other contributors to this site..... It really and truly is our hope that you don't live to see the exhaustion of those 18 months. We really don't want to see you languish and suffer. (LMAO). And BTW. Don't expect that "very nice facility" to take you in for 6K a month when you arrive at their doorstep.
So you would rather have ZERO LTC than have coverage that lasts 18 months. You really are ignorant.

bacha29

So you would rather have ZERO LTC than have coverage that lasts 18 months. You really are ignorant.
What you've got in terms of coverage is nickels and dimes compared to what you'll likely need.
Now to your credit you bought in at a time when it was a good deal in terms of price and benefits. Today however, there are few insurers in the game due to exploding long term care costs brave enough to offer it to begin with and at premiums not many can afford.
Nevertheless, the LTC insurance you were bragging about trying once again in vain to impress us won't go far enough to really matter.

falcon back

What you've got in terms of coverage is nickels and dimes compared to what you'll likely need.
Now to your credit you bought in at a time when it was a good deal in terms of price and benefits. Today however, there are few insurers in the game due to exploding long term care costs brave enough to offer it to begin with and at premiums not many can afford.
Nevertheless, the LTC insurance you were bragging about trying once again in vain to impress us won't go far enough to really matter.
You dip :censored2:z. 6k a month for 18 months is 108k. You call that nickels and dimes. What a dumb Azzaro. Premiums are about $2500 a DECADE.

falcon back

So you call that a lot of money in the realm of medical care? Man, are you in for the shock of your life.
What is your plan if you need Long Term Care? My 1st 108k is gonna be paid. The average time in Long Term Care for men in 18 months. That sounds like my time should be paid by insurance.

bacha29

What is your plan if you need Long Term Care? My 1st 108k is gonna be paid. The average time in Long Term Care for men in 18 months. That sounds like my time should be paid by insurance.

Take a trip out to your friendly neighborhood nursing home and you'll find men who have been there for years.
I did 2 tours of duty in a nursing home / skilled care facility rehabbing a pair of hip joint replacements. Believe me, there were men who had been there for years before I got there because I knew some of them personally before they ended up there and were there for years after I left until they died.

falcon back

Take a trip out to your friendly neighborhood nursing home and you'll find men who have been there for years.
I did 2 tours of duty in a nursing home / skilled care facility rehabbing a pair of hip joint replacements. Believe me, there were men who had been there for years before I got there because I knew some of them personally before they ended up there and were there for years after I left until they died.
You never said. What is your plan? You laugh at my $108k paid plan.

Stat41

Old Falcon Fart keeps trying to make something out of nothing. His retirement is what is nothing. His post retirement life experiences are NOTHING EXCEPTIONAL! I could see it if he was bicycling through China, climbing in the Himalaya's or restoring a war bird. But playing a round of golf, drowning a worm or going to a ball game.... who hasn't done that at least once in their life time?

The fact that an exceptional retirement requires spending exceptional amounts of money on that retirement none of which he's doing
represents conclusive proof that he's clearly not as well off as he tries to make everyone think he is.

We'll see how long his money holds out when he ends up in a nursing home where he can join the other 62% of the residents nationwide who are on Medicaid because they outlived their money.

Sounds like you made a good investment to me. Is the benefit capped at 18 months, or can you, say, get 50% benefit for 36 months and subsidize it with savings and other sources? Also if you or your spouse are former military, there is a program where the government will kick in a little more. We got some for my mom because my dad was a vet. Like most insurance, hope you never need it.

Last edited:

falcon back

Sounds like you made a good investment to me. Is the benefit capped at 18 months, or can you, say, get 50% benefit for 36 months and subsidize it with savings and other sources? Also if you or your spouse are former military, there is a program where the government will kick in a little more. We got some for my mom because my dad was a vet. Like most insurance, hope you never need it.
It caps out at 108K so if you were to spend less than the 6k max per month, it would last longer. No veterans in my household so that isn't an option. It is a very good plan, includes in home care and most every type of in facility situations. Back when Fedex offered it, I didn't think much about needing it but the rates were so low, I jumped on board. They stopped offering after 7 or 8 years and I kept the policy. The older I got, the more I appreciated the security of having it. It was only offered for the employee, so we bought a policy on my wife on the open market. Basically the same plan but unfortunately, much more expensive. That sound you hear in the background is bacha's head exploding with jealousy because he doesn't have LTC insurance and he wants to make fun of my puny 108k policy that costs very little.

bacha29

It caps out at 108K so if you were to spend less than the 6k max per month, it would last longer. No veterans in my household so that isn't an option. It is a very good plan, includes in home care and most every type of in facility situations. Back when Fedex offered it, I didn't think much about needing it but the rates were so low, I jumped on board. They stopped offering after 7 or 8 years and I kept the policy. The older I got, the more I appreciated the security of having it. It was only offered for the employee, so we bought a policy on my wife on the open market. Basically the same plan but unfortunately, much more expensive. That sound you hear in the background is bacha's head exploding with jealousy because he doesn't have LTC insurance and he wants to make fun of my puny 108k policy that costs very little.
Yours is the head that is endanger of exploding given your failed attempts to make us believe that your little LTC insurance contract would actually protect you with full protection in the event you end up in a nursing home. As I made clear it's better than nothing but will not last anywhere near as long as you believe it would last or provide you with anything close the level of economic protection you had yourself believing it would provide.

Having been introduced to the reality of nursing home costs in today's world it what is grinding your grits. .

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yours is the head that is endanger of exploding given your failed attempts to make us believe that your little LTC insurance contract would actually protect you with full protection in the event you end up in a nursing home. As I made clear it's better than nothing but will not last anywhere near as long as you believe it would last or provide you with anything close the level of economic protection you had yourself believing it would provide.

Having been introduced to the reality of nursing home costs in today's world it what is grinding your grits. .
Falcon back fart probably should check in to a nursing home stat so he can get his money’s worth. He’s already got bad dementia where he sees imaginary winning scratch off lottery tickets and three day a week FO only routes that provide him with full insurance benefits.

falcon back

Once again. What is your plan for Long Term Care? You gonna pay out of pocket?