Proposal Analysis?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It is true that UPS instituted CIR to save labor costs, partially. We have to remain the most productive employees in the industry. We deliver one third more packages with one third less drivers than FEDEX. We are the best! We deserve our pay and we will keep it that way! I'm proud to be a UPS driver! Be positive.

I am positive that I will not accept hybrid drivers. The union lost me at 4 year progression. I'm not going to vote yes on the leadership selling us even further down the river for their own benefit. If we are to be expected to support the leadership, then the leadership needs to lead the way by having our backs.

Don't tell me that the fact that we haven't seen the tentative agreement is an acceptable reason to hold our judgment. The information that has been released is enough to earn a "no" vote. You can argue secrecy was necessary during negotiations, and I might agree. But negotiations are over, release the agreement. And I don't appreciate the lip service, you can't hand me garbage and expect me to eat it up with a smile on my face.

bowhnterdon

Seeing the whole deal would help. My concern is Tony said the number of RPCD will not decrease under the agreement. How about increase. Is this the end of new top pay drivers? If so, how could any Big Union Guy vote for that....

MAKAVELI

It is true that UPS instituted CIR to save labor costs, partially. We have to remain the most productive employees in the industry. We deliver one third more packages with one third less drivers than FEDEX. We are the best! We deserve our pay and we will keep it that way! I'm proud to be a UPS driver! Be positive.
Route density. If we del Ground with Express, our productivity would be equal.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Are any of you clowns ever going to listen to BigUnionGuy? I've been lurking for years and he is the only one who makes sense and is not a whiny little bitch on this site. Try some gratitude for all the union has done for us.
So you "lurk" in the shadows for years, your balls finally drop, and you're first order of business is to come on here and call everyone but @BigUnionGuy "clowns" and "whiny little bitches"?

As hard as it may be for you to understand, we are all in different locals, with different circumstances.
Unlike @BigUnionGuy , I resent your sentiment.
I for sure walk the walk, am involved, and am paying it forward.
I also appreciate everything a centuries worth of Teamsters have done for me....and appreciate next to nothing the clowns that presently inhabit my Local Hall have done, or not done.

So before you go heals claiming to know who's a clown, or who's a bitch, look in the mirror because it's you.
Now dust off your knees and clean up your face before you post again.