PSH!

ncupser82

I came to work today, like I do everyday; I grabbed my board from the slot and started walking to my truck. My on car sup stopped me and told me that he needed to see me in the office, so I put my things in my truck and walked back to the office. After they got a shop steward, we sat down to discuss why was in the office.
Apparently they did an audit on my packages on Wednesday and one of them didn't get a scan! This just happened to be a package that I couldn't find, and I spent nearly 5 minutes looking for the package. I didn't think anything of it, apologized to the customer (who assured it wasn't a big deal), and then went about my day.
So yesterday I had the same neighborhood, and as I drove past the house where I was missing the package I was wondering what ever happened to the package. I've never had a package go missing like this, unless someone actually made a delivery on it...or it was misloaded on the day after I was looking for it, but what are the odds? Especially since this package was scanned by management to see ifd I'm scanning all of my packages! Either way I'm asking management now to show me when the package was delivered, and I'd like to know by whom as well...I will keep y'all posted!

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

It was probably miss loaded in a split or another driver soaked it.
The first day it should've been on my truck, but I go through my treuck at the end of the day and never saw it...after I explained this to them (management) the warning letter went from being because the package didn't get a scan to because I didn't call in a missing package! I'm no conspiracy theorist, but something is rotten in Denmark! Of course I'm paranoid because I've filed 3 grievances in the last 2 weeks...

Sent using BrownCafe App

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Here's how I handle DNED's. Package not on my car? Give it a few hours to see if my neighbor sends it in as a misload.

If that doesn't happen, I send a message to the center. 1Zblahblahblah, not on car. The next day I will be presented with a sspve report showing I had a DNED for such and such street. I will write on the sheet "Sent message package missing" Refuse to sign.

This will usually avert their eyes to your package riding neighbors and encourage them to believe that you aren't willing to sit in the office to answer for their unwillingness to send in misloads.

However, if your car is audited and turns up a package with no scan... That's not a DNED. It's a service failure. It will earn you discipline. And you will deserve it.

It's their game. Their rules. They break them as they see fit. Our job is to play by those rules (idiotic as they may be). It really isn't that hard, is it?

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DNED---Destination Not Equal to Delivery

As Harry said, send in all tracking numbers of packages you cannot find. Sheet every single package on the car, including call tags that you do not have (Find BC). Don't give them a chance to question your integrity.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
The first day it should've been on my truck, but I go through my treuck at the end of the day and never saw it...after I explained this to them (management) the warning letter went from being because the package didn't get a scan to because I didn't call in a missing package! I'm no conspiracy theorist, but something is rotten in Denmark! Of course I'm paranoid because I've filed 3 grievances in the last 2 weeks...

Sent using BrownCafe App
I was instructed once to send a message ever time I can't find a package. I ALWAYS send that message when I can't find it. They hate it but I do it anyway.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was instructed once to send a message ever time I can't find a package. I ALWAYS send that message when I can't find it. They hate it but I do it anyway.

Some drivers go anal over it and use the phone to call in every package they can't find. It drives the OMS crazy. Just send a message from the DIAD.

ncupser82

Here's how I handle DNED's. Package not on my car? Give it a few hours to see if my neighbor sends it in as a misload.

If that doesn't happen, I send a message to the center. 1Zblahblahblah, not on car. The next day I will be presented with a sspve report showing I had a DNED for such and such street. I will write on the sheet "Sent message package missing" Refuse to sign.

This will usually avert their eyes to your package riding neighbors and encourage them to believe that you aren't willing to sit in the office to answer for their unwillingness to send in misloads.

However, if your car is audited and turns up a package with no scan... That's not a DNED. It's a service failure. It will earn you discipline. And you will deserve it.

It's their game. Their rules. They break them as they see fit. Our job is to play by those rules (idiotic as they may be). It really isn't that hard, is it?

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String
"Deserve it"? Don't hear union guys telling other union guys they deserve a form of discipline!

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

DNED---Destination Not Equal to Delivery

As Harry said, send in all tracking numbers of packages you cannot find. Sheet every single package on the car, including call tags that you do not have (Find BC). Don't give them a chance to question your integrity.
It wasn't a problem until I wanted to go on the 9.5 list. All the guys tell me I'm paranoid, but when I start rocking the boat they start nitpicking. It's not my integrity that should be questioned...theirs on the other hand is one I question everyday! If people only knew!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

DO NOT sheet something you don't have, that's a very clear cut case of dishonesty. If you do not have package or call tag, you don't sheet it. If you have them, sheet em.

ncupser82

DO NOT sheet something you don't have, that's a very clear cut case of dishonesty. If you do not have package or call tag, you don't sheet it. If you have them, sheet em.
Our center wants us to attempt call tags even if we don't have them...I tend to do that but 90% of the time the customer wants me to come back with a physical call tag and a receipt...I don't blame them, too many things get "lost" in the UPS system!

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Why hide boxes? I can't wait to hit "missed '". That's when you force them to do their job. They hate to leave the nice warm office

Can you get it? Ah no.