PT pay increase

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Heard from a union guy today to vote yes on the strike and that they want to increase starting pay to 15 an hour. How are those who have years seniority on the new guys gunna feel when they are making almost the same amount? Or do you just have to deal with it. Ive been pt for 4 years.

I'm sure they will give away something in return. Extend the time to earn benefits even further or do the same for vacation and option days.

Plus they wouldn't want your pockets sticking out more than your belly...Mike Jones!

Johnny123456789

We should. I am just so sick and tired of PTers complaining all the time then when asked to go to a meeting they laugh and say "I'm busy". So when they get screwed now at the contract I just laugh at them.

So much for being a brotherhood. A Teamster? Lol!
I seen you bash part timers often.

Yeah, I'm voting for strike, and I'm crossing the line. Lol!

cachmeifucan

No way we ever strike our national union is ok with pushing a horrible contract and saying it's the best. I still blame u Canadians for keeping this guy in office for another contract although I really hope he proves me wrong

Heffalump

As I've thought about it again and again. I'd rather have full timers get the better of all this. I mean $40 an hr.is kind of the end goal isn't it? Now along with inflation I think that rate is due to go up.

This hybrid crap is really putting a dent in my management,union relations.

BigBrown1234

F155FA2E-A314-4F58-9D88-8A9AB3F84049.png
Heard from a union guy today to vote yes on the strike and that they want to increase starting pay to 15 an hour. How are those who have years seniority on the new guys gunna feel when they are making almost the same amount? Or do you just have to deal with it. Ive been pt for 4 years.

km3

They'll be angry, but they'll get over it.

It won't be 15. I would be surprised if it even goes to 11.50.

It's already $15.00 in my building. They still can't keep people.

Why is there such a push to reward people who have never worked a day for the company?

To get them in the door. The company can't hire (and keep) enough people to get the job done.

Blackstream

It's already $15.00 in my building. They still can't keep people.
Mine too, possibly we have the same hub (portland).

The minimum wage hike has some special problems of its own I'd say... namely anyone who gets bumped up from it basically doesn't get any raises for a long time, including the sort pay raise. And given how demanding of a position it is, we're having issues keeping any quality sorters. So they're starting to resort to forcing the bluecoats to start in the sort aisle.... which is leading to injuries and also rampant missorts. Which at least partially responsible for crashing the building every night.

To get them in the door. The company can't hire (and keep) enough people to get the job done.
While technically the union's concern, it's clearly also the company's concern. I mean, it's so much so the companies concern that UPS had to institute a $15 min wage just to get people coming in, and they did this just before contract season. My point being that this issue is so much in the best interest of both sides, the union really shouldn't be giving anything up to get this.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I am in my 20th PT year $25.53 hour with a pension and benefits .Not bad if you can do the time.The problem with the PT Brown population is that most are passing through. The retention rate is very low.They do not even care about their 3 1/2 guarantee leaving their footprints on you when you stand in front of the exit. Never the less I will be at the gate Monday soliciting them to vote. I hope they do raise the starting wage as a high tide raises all boats.
PS.Just a side comment the full time voting record sucks also. People bitch but cannot even vote !

km3

Mine too, possibly we have the same hub (portland).

I'm not in that building.

namely anyone who gets bumped up from it basically doesn't get any raises for a long time, including the sort pay raise.

I don't have a problem with it. The way I see it, I'm still a few years ahead of where I would be otherwise. I understand some people are angry, but I'd rather have a wage of $15/hr, which stays stagnant for a couple years than actually have to go through the progression of lower wages.

My point being that this issue is so much in the best interest of both sides, the union really shouldn't be giving anything up to get this.

I agree. I think I suggested before that since both the union and the company want higher wages for PTers, they should let the company bring it up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is no top out for PT. After the 4 year progression you receive the yearly contract wage increases.
That's like saying there's no top out for anyone really. We all get yearly wage increases.

I do think the union should try and get a "full scale" for part timers. Something like $18-20 after 4 years. Increasing with the general wage increases. Just like package car.

That's like saying there's no top out for anyone really. We all get yearly wage increases.

I do think the union should try and get a "full scale" for part timers. Something like $18-20 after 4 years. Increasing with the general wage increases. Just like package car.
They don't want most of them to stay here
They want cheap labor. Quit before you get any benefits or time off and any money paid into the part time pension never gets collected. Yes they need some skilled people like preload but with automation, they want to get rid of the unskilled work and not pay any benefits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They don't want most of them to stay here
They want cheap labor. Quit before you get any benefits or time off and any money paid into the part time pension never gets collected. Yes they need some skilled people like preload but with automation, they want to get rid of the unskilled work and not pay any benefits.
I understand wants.

I also understand the union is here to tell the company tough :censored2: what you want. This is what's right and what we want.