Public Education

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
But where is it going? Where is all this waste you’re experts at and have seen?
Come to my state. We have districts that received something near $25k per pupil, not their money, state taxed money someone else pays. The building are falling apart. Layers of high paid administrative folk though. The kids are failing in school.

Box Ox

What stuff on the walls we talking about that will improve learning?
There is a purpose for everything on the wall.
I don't recall anything on the walls during my school years except things like maps which stayed there.
Not true for the lower grades.

Things have changed since you've been in school.

newolddude

Come to my state. We have districts that received something near $25k per pupil, not their money, state taxed money someone else pays. The building are falling apart. Layers of high paid administrative folk though. The kids are failing in school.
I will fully admit there are too many administrators and managers. My district is the second highest taxed in our county and second most in administrative personnel.

In-room teachers should make $80,000/yr minimum. Add-nothing administrative people half that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Saw Christie say on the debate he got rid of school unions

Thebrownblob

Agreed. Libs of TicTok promotes hate. She demonizes people to incite violence.
1693797622630.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My small town only educates kids up to the sixth grade ( then they're sent to other towns for middle & high school ) at a single school building. Which needs a principal and a superintendent for twenty teachers and aides.