Public Shaming During Coronavirus Crisis

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
spoke to nurse that lives across the street from us and he said the biggest problem are the young people who are not taking this seriously enough.

he has been working ER 6 days a week and they were told that the next week or so is going to be real bad . got a long way to go. it's going to last several more months by design so that the health care system can keep up.

Sweden has a different approach. no lockdown , let the virus sweep thru as fast as it can and be over with it. only time will tell which approach is better.

It will be fine

“Those heartless Swedes; trying to kill grandma!”

(What BC hard leftists won’t say.)
It’s also not true. No gatherings over 50 people. Over 70 population recommended to shelter in place. Recommending work from home if possible. Not overly strict but similar to everywhere else.

It will be fine

my source was the new york times.
I think they’ve changed their plan in recent days. Netherlands tried the herd immunity thing and their death rate soared. There’s probably a reasonable middle ground between total lockdown and pretend nothing’s wrong. Unfortunately the US is probably too late for that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I think they’ve changed their plan in recent days. Netherlands tried the herd immunity thing and their death rate soared. There’s probably a reasonable middle ground between total lockdown and pretend nothing’s wrong. Unfortunately the US is probably too late for that.
I don't get the theory of limiting groups to 50 or less. a group is a group .