Punished for growing business.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS unveils 'transformation' plan aimed at adding over a dollar to earnings per share

Always interesting to see how differently Wall Street reacts to ups spending money to grow and fedex spending money to grow.

Brownslave688

Also that's $1 per share by 2020.

So while the company makes 10% more per year. They also raise dividends about 10% per year. Volume is skyrocketing. Unemployment is record low. Average national wage increases are 3%.

But hey guys we should be stoked about that 2% raise the union negotiated. All while giving the company a permantly lower paid driver.

llamainmypocket

Drivers at top rate make plenty. You guys should be happy to maintain your wages. The pay we need to increase is part time and increase the number of 22.3 jobs.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Did it fail? Miles allegedly are down.
Let's see right now I'm spending extra time cherry picking odds and evens because Orion wants me to hopscotch across a busy 4 lane street. Might lower miles driven but if you follow it on my route you would end up getting in at midnight or get t boned.

Brownslave688

Let's see right now I'm spending extra time cherry picking odds and evens because Orion wants me to hopscotch across a busy 4 lane street. Might lower miles driven but if you follow it on my route you would end up getting in at midnight or get t boned.

I was 2.5 hours over on a route I'm usually .5-1 hour over on. Management was like what the hell happened.

Takes a lot of time to wait and turn left across 4 lanes of traffic for every stop.

upsman88

Drivers at top rate make plenty. You guys should be happy to maintain your wages. The pay we need to increase is part time and increase the number of 22.3 jobs

This will be the death of ups people like you that have this mindset that drivers are so over paid I don’t know of but two loaders in my hub that deserve anything more then they are making now bunch of whinny cry babies that can’t do there job but wanna tell me there set was just blown out that’s why my shelf’s are empty but everything’s on the floor? Give me a break overpaid my :censored2:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Drivers at top rate make plenty. You guys should be happy to maintain your wages. The pay we need to increase is part time and increase the number of 22.3 jobs

This will be the death of ups people like you that have this mindset that drivers are so over paid I don’t know of but two loaders in my hub that deserve anything more then they are making now bunch of whinny cry babies that can’t do there job but wanna tell me there set was just blown out that’s why my shelf’s are empty but everything’s on the floor? Give me a break overpaid my :censored2:
Don't be so negative, there's at least three preloaders that deserve a raise.

Real talk here, at least %25 of the people I work with are willingly doing stupid stuff to work as directed.
As a good example, here are all of the things my supervisor has told me to do since I've been hired last year.
1. Work faster, duh
2. Do not write addresses / Customer names / Business names on boxes
3. Do not leave out large bulk stops, especially ones that are delivered early in the day. Instead load them right away and blow out everything else lol.
4. Do not load floor stops (rdl, rdr, etc) on the shelf.
5. Do not snake the load (literally in our methods booklet, goes with #5)
5. Stop rearranging the load.
And mind these are things my drivers tell me to do specifically or do not mind happening.

Which of those 5 things actually is productive geezus.
The preload assist system is a moronic system for moronic dispatchers to play with.
You guys only now know now with forced orion what it is like for all the numbers to get moved around like a bunch of musical chairs.

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
Drivers at top rate make plenty. You guys should be happy to maintain your wages. The pay we need to increase is part time and increase the number of 22.3 jobs.

Maintaining my current rate of pay for the next 5 years means i take a pay cut. Don't be a fool. Yes part timers deserve more, maybe you should show up to monthly meetings and then you could have had a voice. Just because you were late to the party does not mean you can through my job under the bus. Sincerely yours "bet you didn't even vote for the strike authorization"

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

So it is your opinion that all but two loaders in your hub are worthless.
The exact same problem as part timers saying you are overpaid.
Take a group of hard working people, and decide that you think they are just a bunch of whining do nothings.

You aren't a good union brother, bud.

Actually PT wages need to be reduced.
Also PT jobs should be eliminated.
PT jobs should never have been allowed at UPS.

Agree with the last two, @Maple Grove MN Driver. But reducing part timer wages sounds like it plays right into the company's hand.

Until the company commits to absolutely removing all part time jobs, I'm dead against that.
Also, how do you lower it???
Lots of places, it isn't much higher than minimum wage.

Maintaining my current rate of pay for the next 5 years means i take a pay cut. Don't be a fool. Yes part timers deserve more, maybe you should show up to monthly meetings and then you could have had a voice. Just because you were late to the party does not mean you can through my job under the bus. Sincerely yours "bet you didn't even vote for the strike authorization"

Explain. They are talking about keeping up with inflation, not staying perfectly still.
We are a brotherhood.
Y'all sold part timers out. (I'll assume just by accidental apathy, not malice.)
You threw our jobs under the bus.
We aren't even suggesting payback.
We just want you to help us get back on our feet.