Pursue Falsification?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's really interesting that a company that will write you up for minor issues like missed scans won't pursue widespread falsification. Why is that? If I clock-in at 0729 instead of exactly on-time at 0730, I'll get dinged, but if I deliver 15 packages during my "break", nobody bats an eyelash.

As many others have noted, it wouldn't take a master detective in order to determine that many couriers regularly work off the clock. Even if I had a helicopter and a jetpack I couldn't possibly get-off 5 stops in 5 minutes in a residential area, but it happens all the time.

I guess that God has just blessed FedEx couriers with amazing powers that allow them to perform the impossible...each and every day.

LTFedExer

Why anyone would willingly work through their break to begin with is beyond me. At best, I might spend 10 of my break minutes rearranging my truck, but not making deliveries.
That said, is working through your break really considered falsification?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you enter a break in to your Power Pad and then work during that break it is indeed falsification; however, this is the type of falsification that FedEx will ignore as it is to their benefit.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

UpstateNYUPSer;824839 [I said:
this is the type of falsification that FedEx will ignore as it is to their benefit.[/I]

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!! As long as it benefits them, they don't give a flying flamingo what you do....but mess up your timecard or miss a VAN scan, and you'd think you had breached national nuclear protocols with some of the crack management teams.

One thing I never understood was, WTH does it matter if you miss a VAN as long as it gets a POD? I know it's to "inform the customer that the package is onroad" but really? Do most people even really care? NO.

vantexan

One thing I never understood was, WTH does it matter if you miss a VAN as long as it gets a POD? I know it's to "inform the customer that the package is onroad" but really? Do most people even really care? NO.

I've had rts where I scanned 150+ pkgs every day and was in container unloading all morning. There were others scanning in 35 or so while pulling belt and leaving shortly after sort went down. I pointed out to mgr that if I miss 2 or 3 vans while running like crazy to get out of building, how's that fair to be written up compared to 35+/- guy who never
missed anything? Actually told by mgr that it was his experience that those who missed vans would miss them whether they had 150 or 35. How do you argue with that logic?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I never really understood that either.

There must be some overpaid deadweight Memphis cubical VP of van scan compliance who wants to look important.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why anyone would willingly work through their break to begin with is beyond me. At best, I might spend 10 of my break minutes rearranging my truck, but not making deliveries.

Yes, working through a break when you've told the almighty PowerPad that you are on "break" is falsification. They even make you read a legal statement to protect themselves, even though they know full well that many couriers are doing it.

LTFedExer

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!! As long as it benefits them, they don't give a flying flamingo what you do....but mess up your timecard or miss a VAN scan, and you'd think you had breached national nuclear protocols with some of the crack management teams.

Obviously, you've never ordered anything online. In the past 3 weeks, I ordered 2 sets of speakers which I had sent to the station and another item sent to my house.The morning they were due to be delivered, I went online to see if they were on the truck to be delivered. There are MANY MANY people that track their packages and want to know if that package is on the truck out for delivery. I have gotten messages asking if I had a particular package because I missed a van and the shipper, or recipient, wants to know where it is.
Yes, working through a break when you've told the almighty PowerPad that you are on "break" is falsification. They even make you read a legal statement to protect themselves, even though they know full well that many couriers are doing it.
If a manager knows you falsify and doesn't say anything, isn't he/she risking their job also?

I'll ask again. Why would you take the chance of losing your job over a letter, or any package, for that matter? That's just dumb.

In my 11 years, EVERY courier that I've seen get fired (with the exception of 2), was for falsification. I have NEVER heard of anyone fired for not making SPH or missing vans/pod's.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Obviously, you've never ordered anything online. In the past 3 weeks, I ordered 2 sets of speakers which I had sent to the station and another item sent to my house.The morning they were due to be delivered, I went online to see if they were on the truck to be delivered. There are MANY MANY people that track their packages and want to know if that package is on the truck out for delivery. I have gotten messages asking if I had a particular package because I missed a van and the shipper, or recipient, wants to know where it is.

If a manager knows you falsify and doesn't say anything, isn't he/she risking their job also?

I'll ask again. Why would you take the chance of losing your job over a letter, or any package, for that matter? That's just dumb.

In my 11 years, EVERY courier that I've seen get fired (with the exception of 2), was for falsification. I have NEVER heard of anyone fired for not making SPH or missing vans/pod's.

I agree with your take on falsification. I won't do it, never have, and never will. If a manager sends me out 30 stops over, he knows I will not cooperate, and that he'll get a pile of Code 01's at the end of the day. He also knows that I know what's going on. My neighboring routes regularly work through their lunch "break". Most couriers aren't bright enough to falsify logically, so it would be easy to ferret them out.

My manager won't lose his job, because he's doing what FedEx wants, by looking the other way.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Once these new power pads roll out that have GPS in them, everybody better smarten up about falsifying. I know that the UPS "boards" have GPS and if you try to POD something at 123 B st. but, you're actually at 456 H st. it won't let you del. it, it knows you're not at that address.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Once these new power pads roll out that have GPS in them, everybody better smarten up about falsifying. I know that the UPS "boards" have GPS and if you try to POD something at 123 B st. but, you're actually at 456 H st. it won't let you del. it, it knows you're not at that address.

That feature ought to work real nice whenever a customer stops you on the road and wants their package.

UPSBluRdg03

You can still complete the stop. The screen just flashes red and beeps to alert you that your not at the stop.

FedExer267

Atleast you guys can punch out for breaks and lunches. There is nowhere on the Scanner used by Ground and HD to punch out for breaks. Oh wait correction you can punch out for breaks and lunches if you are a hired Temp of FedEx just not if your a everyday driver.

vantexan

Atleast you guys can punch out for breaks and lunches. There is nowhere on the Scanner used by Ground and HD to punch out for breaks. Oh wait correction you can punch out for breaks and lunches if you are a hired Temp of FedEx just not if your a everyday driver.

What I don't understand is the D.O.T. mandates we take breaks, it's for our benefit, not company's. Why don't they offer you the same protection?

whenIgetthere

I've had rts where I scanned 150+ pkgs every day and was in container unloading all morning. There were others scanning in 35 or so while pulling belt and leaving shortly after sort went down. I pointed out to mgr that if I miss 2 or 3 vans while running like crazy to get out of building, how's that fair to be written up compared to 35+/- guy who never
missed anything? Actually told by mgr that it was his experience that those who missed vans would miss them whether they had 150 or 35. How do you argue with that logic?

As a swing, I have covered one route that the courier off loads the cans, gets to his truck with 250-300 pkgs per day. The guy loading his truck gets maybe 80-100 pkgs per day. Which courier should be in the off load? In my opinion, not the guy vanning over 250 pkgs at 0900!!!