Pursue Falsification?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As a swing, I have covered one route that the courier off loads the cans, gets to his truck with 250-300 pkgs per day. The guy loading his truck gets maybe 80-100 pkgs per day. Which courier should be in the off load? In my opinion, not the guy vanning over 250 pkgs at 0900!!!

Typical management "logic".

FedEx2000

I never really understood that either.

There must be some overpaid deadweight Memphis cubical VP of van scan compliance who wants to look important.

B/c if a customer calls about their pkg and we are unable to tell them within 30 minutes where their pkg is they can get their money back. Lost revenue/bad customer service....lower bonus, smaller raise, etc. That's why it matters.

vantexan

B/c if a customer calls about their pkg and we are unable to tell them within 30 minutes where their pkg is they can get their money back. Lost revenue/bad customer service....lower bonus, smaller raise, etc. That's why it matters.

Good lord you mean it can get smaller?!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Well that's the old FedEx.

I've had packages fall of the radar for days with FedEx Ground and after I inquired all I ever got was a couple of canned automated responses.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I've had rts where I scanned 150+ pkgs every day and was in container unloading all morning. There were others scanning in 35 or so while pulling belt and leaving shortly after sort went down. I pointed out to mgr that if I miss 2 or 3 vans while running like crazy to get out of building, how's that fair to be written up compared to 35+/- guy who never
missed anything? Actually told by mgr that it was his experience that those who missed vans would miss them whether they had 150 or 35. How do you argue with that logic?

I feel your pain. And I think Mr Spock said it best.."Most Illogical.." I went 7 months without missing a scan, but because we were heavy on FO's, I had to help and missed one VAN out of 4 pcs..lol Oh well..

FedEx2000

I've had packages fall of the radar for days with FedEx Ground and after I inquired all I ever got was a couple of canned automated responses.

I was referring to Express, I don't think Ground ever had the same deal since Ground shipments aren't usually as time-sensitive. Also, the attitude of "Why does a missed VAN scan even matter?" is exactly why this is a problem to begin with.....what's the big deal, it's just one VAN? Until it's your package........

bbsam

Staff member

What's the tracking number? I'll see what I can find out.

bbsam

Staff member
I was referring to Express, I don't think Ground ever had the same deal since Ground shipments aren't usually as time-sensitive. Also, the attitude of "Why does a missed VAN scan even matter?" is exactly why this is a problem to begin with.....what's the big deal, it's just one VAN? Until it's your package........
The problem I have with van scans is that the loader scans a package "onto the truck" and then tosses it into a pile next to the truck or even on top of the truck and then I get a call wondering if the package is on the truck. I give them the honest answer. I really have no idea.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The problem I have with van scans is that the loader scans a package "onto the truck" and then tosses it into a pile next to the truck or even on top of the truck and then I get a call wondering if the package is on the truck. I give them the honest answer. I really have no idea.

At Express, at least we get it in the truck (most of the time).

LTFedExer

Exactly.
Which is why I like loading my own truck. But, that doesn't ALWAYS help. I showed a missing POD for today. Weird thing is, I did not see a package for that stop. I even went there for a PUP. Guess I'll find out eventually where it went.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Always a convient excuse.

By the way try doing over 100 van scans while packages are being tossed at you while the sort is still going on while you're over capacity then unvanning them when you're load leveling with the person next to you at the same time the managers are yelling at you to get out of the building.

I really do try to get them all but :censored2: happens. Such is life.