brownIEman

to be fair, the resi area i was in today had a way better ODO than RDO

I have a few neighborhoods that ODO beats the living heck out of RDO. Some of the numbers are a little screwy, but I'd rather run it with ODO because it seems to make more sense.

No no no. Clearly you do not read these threads enough. every idea UPS management have ever come up with, Orion, keyless, scanning, DIAD, PAS, everything, is a total boondoggle that wastes money. That is why when UPS started on 1907 it quickly went under never to be heard from again.

Wait. Something does not add up here. Not sure what but give me few minutes I'll figure it out...

brownIEman

Every Local better be filing on these guys.
They can't under staff purposefully and start handing work to non-union PVDs.
You lose this fight, you might as well wave the white flag now.

I agree 100%. IF the operation is understaffed. But if a center that puts out 30 routes normally, has 45 drivers on staff and they are all working and then add 6 seasonals in uhauls and a couple PVDs for peak, that is not understaffed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree 100%. IF the operation is understaffed. But if a center that puts out 30 routes normally, has 45 drivers on staff and they are all working and then add 6 seasonals in uhauls and a couple PVDs for peak, that is not understaffed.
Unmmm yes it is.

Couldn't get the work done without PVD's = understaffed.

brownIEman

Unmmm yes it is.

Couldn't get the work done without PVD's = understaffed.

No.
Staffing the operation to peak need levels would be a good way to destroy the company or ask people to go under employed or laid off 9 months of the year. Everyone seems to understand this except you which is why there is seasonal employee language in the contract.

Brownslave688

No.
Staffing the operation to peak need levels would be a good way to destroy the company or ask people to go under employed or laid off 9 months of the year. Everyone seems to understand this except you which is why there is seasonal employee language in the contract.
Yeah. Seasonal driver language. Not PVD language.

TTKU

Brownslave688

No.
Your reading comprehension sucks. Maybe that's the problem with I.E. They read numbers as well as they read letters.

RPSman

who else hates these PVD’s. Literally can’t stand them. Thinking they own the whole damn place.
I tried working as a PVD last year. They couldn't get my packages to me until 11 am, I thought I was only going to have one day of training, then be on my own. Wouldn't let me sort packages out when I loaded. Supervisor was a young man whose mama was probably wiping his nose in 1997, when I was delivering packages during the UPS strike of that year as an RPS P & D contractor. Scanned a package for a closed church as no attempt, immediately got a message from said supervisor saying I had to go there and try to deliver it anyway. I thought PVD's were written out of your contract, a NO GO!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Back-From-the-Dead.jpg

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
I tried working as a PVD last year. They couldn't get my packages to me until 11 am, I thought I was only going to have one day of training, then be on my own. Wouldn't let me sort packages out when I loaded. Supervisor was a young man whose mama was probably wiping his nose in 1997, when I was delivering packages during the UPS strike of that year as an RPS P & D contractor. Scanned a package for a closed church as no attempt, immediately got a message from said supervisor saying I had to go there and try to deliver it anyway. I thought PVD's were written out of your contract, a NO GO!
Pretty sure attempting delivery before sheeting is a method pvd or not

542thruNthru

principecercamoglie18.gif