PVD (beating a dead horse?)

HyperBrn

They took the first offer
From what I heard, the vote was actually against the deal. But a "loophole" in the ratification/voting process was exploited, so the deal was actually accepted. There are others who know much more about this than I. I just am spouting off what I remember from reading other posts in this forum.

Missy700

You also should understand that not only is subcontracting against the contract, but subcontractors like you are not getting the full benefits of working under a contract like we do. This goes for feeder subcontractors too.

You get paid less, and you’re using your personal vehicle and gas, putting wear and tear on your car which down the road will end up costing you a lot of money. I know how hard this job (especially rural deliveries)is on vehicles. I would not want to use my own personal vehicle to do this job.

I would venture to say that your net profit after all expenses will be slightly above minimum wage. You deserve better than that.

My hope is that in the future all seasonal employees will be driving a vehicle that is owned or leased by the company, and that they will be paid and treated as seasonal package car drivers.
Thank you!! Agreed. I'm a PVD who signed on for the first time this season. Only couple months into the job and now today December 20th was told my route had been cut!! Yesterday one of our other drivers had very few deliveries so they asked to help me out. Now today I'm told I'm out and they will not be calling me back.
What the heck is this? We had a great team going with our unit too.

Thebrownblob

Thank you!! Agreed. I'm a PVD who signed on for the first time this season. Only couple months into the job and now today December 20th was told my route had been cut!! Yesterday one of our other drivers had very few deliveries so they asked to help me out. Now today I'm told I'm out and they will not be calling me back.
Well, dang it’s almost like you’re not really part of the company and they don’t care about you. Just terrible. Have a merry Christmas.

Thebrownblob

From what I heard, the vote was actually against the deal. But a "loophole" in the ratification/voting process was exploited, so the deal was actually accepted. There are others who know much more about this than I. I just am spouting off what I remember from reading other posts in this forum.
The “loophole” was actually a legitimate provision in the teamster constitution. Doesn’t mean I agree with it, but it was not “exploited” it was used. At the last teamster convention the delegates voted to get rid of that legitimate provision.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Did you not understand that the job was temporary

Jerdo

It is that they dont have enough work for regular workers not for seasonal helpers. This suppose to be busiest days in the year.

Thebrownblob

It is that they dont have enough work for regular workers not for seasonal helpers. This suppose to be busiest days in the year.
Who Told you that? Today is not peak day. They advance volume so yesterday people were slammed today there’s no volume tomorrow they will be volume again. Are peak “ground” day has already passed. We will probably be heavy with overnight deliveries the next couple days that’s about it. Some random pockets of heavy routes, but mostly peak is over. Good luck at your next gig job.

Jerdo

Who Told you that? Today is not peak day. They advance volume so yesterday people were slammed today there’s no volume tomorrow they will be volume again. Are peak “ground” day has already passed. We will probably be heavy with overnight deliveries the next couple days that’s about it. Some random pockets of heavy routes, but mostly peak is over. Good luck at your next gig job.

I thought that is last week before Christmas busy in delivery business. Whole time between thanksgiving and Christmas.
Thank you for good wishes.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We know everything and you know nothing.
Same peak same ups same pvds.
CA367965-96B5-46D6-A4A3-9DAF6781EA92.gif

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
It’s all about the better not bigger framework the company has strategically aligned their their self to. We are shifting away from high volume and are aggressively going for better revenue packages. Also, the effects of the pandemic spending has began to normalize.

FUBAR

PVD gig is great, I enjoy still being able to continue to serve the public after a 25 year Army career. Was offered a full time driving gig after being a PVD for 6 weeks and am seriously thinking about accepting it.

Brownwind

How do you pick up my bulk stop that fills up my p800? Seriously dude you don’t even understand the concept of what gets you those few Twinkie packages. We give you the gravy stops and don’t hold you accountable to the standards of a regular driver.

Nice job on the gravy stops. Try applying to ups and the reality of making it in a package car. On another note. Does your insurance company know you’re doing commercial work and are they going to cover you if you get into an accident???
Just checking in…. Where are the PVDS today??? I’m sorry. Did you disappear???

Seriously where are you when the rest of us worked today. Was it to cold? Did your car not start? Perhaps you aren’t as needed as you thought🤔🤔🤔. Good news is I heard Uber needs your attention.

Thank you for your help and assistance. See ya in august when you replace us. Oh wait. I do a real job and promote the greatest company on earth and don’t just bleed it dry.

PVDS seriously…

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Just checking in…. Where are the PVDS today??? I’m sorry. Did you disappear???

Seriously where are you when the rest of us worked today. Was it to cold? Did your car not start? Perhaps you aren’t as needed as you thought🤔🤔🤔. Good news is I heard Uber needs your attention.

Thank you for your help and assistance. See ya in august when you replace us. Oh wait. I do a real job and promote the greatest company on earth and don’t just bleed it dry.

PVDS seriously…
Be carful what you wish for. Santa is jotting it down and checking it twice.