PVD (beating a dead horse?)

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I would like to thank the PVD's who come on here and provide comic relief for the rest of us. The state of delusion they have thinking anyone cares about them, what they think or how great they think they are, will only be matched by the reality of their unemployment soon.

I would like to thank the PVD's who come on here and provide comic relief for the rest of us. The state of delusion they have thinking anyone cares about them, what they think or how great they think they are, will only be matched by the reality of their unemployment soon.
We did not use any this past week

UncleRico

word down the line today is that we had over 30 pvd's working today....crazy how much different each hub is....i guess we must have be down more full time drivers than i thought

Jerdo

Thank God one more weak and all you wanna bees will all be gone

@Jerdo
Enjoy your last week of work scab
I like around 2000 every week and I have benefits

With zero to no training, no DOT requirements. What’s the liability that UPS is accountable for when, not if, an accident happens? You’re in short game mode. There’s a reason you don’t run a company.
There must be reason why number of PVDs double every year. It's true that PVDs can do much better work with more training, better organisation and more strict requirements about vehicle. It will happen in upcoming years. If Amazon can find hundreds of thousands drivers that will work for $100 a day UPS can have for $120-$130 per day very quality work force. Times are changing with development of gig economy. It is 21st century.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
End up getting sent to save pvds more than pvds sent to help drivers.
Jobs not for everyone.
See you next holiday season. Maybe 🤣

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
There must be reason why number of PVDs double every year. It's true that PVDs can do much better work with more training, better organisation and more strict requirements about vehicle. It will happen in upcoming years. If Amazon can find hundreds of thousands drivers that will work for $100 a day UPS can have for $120-$130 per day very quality work force. Times are changing with development of gig economy. It is 21st century.
The wear and tear during peak on a personal vehicle alone is high. What do you think will happen to a PVD if, in your basis, was a year round thing? Diminishing returns after a few months. Most people PVD for extra cash during holidays. It’s not a career. Turnover would be astronomical. And I’m sorry, 100 dollars a day is terrible. Crap pay usually outputs crap service.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
And PVD’s are supposed to do hundreds of pieces of pickups how? Keep dreaming. Unions are making huge gains in the service industry. Your arguments are not great.

Jerdo

And PVD’s are supposed to do hundreds of pieces of pickups how? Keep dreaming. Unions are making huge gains in the service industry. Your arguments are not great.
I dont think big brown truck will not exist. Kind of hybrid system looks most realistic scenario in next 5 to 10 years. Way more PVDs that are doing deliveries suitable and possible for personal vehicles.

Jerdo

The wear and tear during peak on a personal vehicle alone is high. What do you think will happen to a PVD if, in your basis, was a year round thing? Diminishing returns after a few months. Most people PVD for extra cash during holidays. It’s not a career. Turnover would be astronomical. And I’m sorry, 100 dollars a day is terrible. Crap pay usually outputs crap service.
You have Amazon Flex drivers that delivers packages with personal vehicles for years. They got paid gross 150-200 $ per day. After gas and other vehicles expensis they net $100 per day. That's terrible I agree., but it is truth. What do you think Uber or Lyft drivers make? Not much more than $100 a day after expenses. Some people choose freedom and easy access to work that gig economy gives them even if earn only 2.5-3k per month, with no benefits.

UPS can offer 20-30 % more money than other driving gig economy jobs, organize training, give drivers uniforms make some other requirements and can get decent quality of labor and work for less money.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
You have Amazon Flex drivers that delivers packages with personal vehicles for years. They got paid gross 150-200 $ per day. After gas and other vehicles expensis they net $100 per day. That's terrible I agree., but it is truth. What do you think Uber or Lyft drivers make? Not much more than $100 a day after expenses. Some people choose freedom and easy access to work that gig economy gives them even if earn only 2.5-3k per month, with no benefits.

UPS can offer 20-30 % more money than other driving gig economy jobs, organize training, give drivers uniforms make some other requirements and can get decent quality of labor and work for less money.
Uber is not UPS. You think this job is easy because as a PVD they don’t load you like they would an RPCD in a pkg car. One irreg pkg would take up your whole car. Your Prius will never be more efficient and cost effective as a pkg car. Enjoy this last week cause you’re done.