PVD drivers getting work when there are RPCD without even 100 stops

quad decade guy

Talked with a "seasonal" driver on the way out this morning. An inside hub something part-time. She's been "seasonal" pkg(peak) for 3 years......promised she'll get her packet come Jan....

She was "laid off" yesterday for the day..."didn't have anything for me"...

Cute(she was). But so, so naive....

nWo

There's been more than enough days where I've been out until 10 and I've called for help and they say they have nobody to help me. I'd much rather have too much help than not enough.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
That's always my reasoning. It's a 8 hour request not a day off.
Yeah but we shouldn't have to beg for a normal 8 hour shift. We should be begging for OT instead. They couldn't hire enough PVDs or helpers in my building so we have been getting decimated. These MF come in talking about how easy this peak will be and that they want everyone in by 8...yeah right. Xmas eve I'll bet you they screw us once again, people will be out till 10 mark my words.

nWo

I like the guys they put in 8 hours requests then hang out in the OMS office for 90 minutes after they get back.

BrownSnowFlake

I mean file a grievance for PVDs working before RPCDs, PT Driver's and 22.4s?
When the dispatch says "Do you want the day off?" and you say "yes"...

Then you don't get to file a grievance, regardless of who worked.

And once again this thread has devolved into a bunch of no-life boomers crying that they actually have to spend xmas with their families, so I'm out.

SMELL YA LATER

BrownSnowFlake

There's been more than enough days where I've been out until 10 and I've called for help and they say they have nobody to help me. I'd much rather have too much help than not enough.
If I were a supervisor and a driver called asking for help I would fire them. Nobody asked you to be a UPS driver, you signed a bid saying you wanted to be a UPS driver. If you don't like the job there's the door.

Gosh this board is insufferable. Like a bunch of women, half of you kvetching that you got home early and the other half complaining about hundreds of dollars of overtime. Thank God none of you are smart enough to become brain surgeons or you might flake out in the middle of an operation.

UPSER1987

I like the guys they put in 8 hours requests then hang out in the OMS office for 90 minutes after they get back.
The same guys that get to work an hour early to bitch about work in the office.Then when they retire, they post here all day long. Strange dudes.

Last edited:

vvv

Yeah but we shouldn't have to beg for a normal 8 hour shift. We should be begging for OT instead. They couldn't hire enough PVDs or helpers in my building so we have been getting decimated. These MF come in talking about how easy this peak will be and that they want everyone in by 8...yeah right. Xmas eve I'll bet you they screw us once again, people will be out till 10 mark my words.
NOT ME!! :)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's really a simple fix. Post 3 sign up sheets for peak season.
1. Max hours 10-12
2. Normal hours 8-9
3. Go home early 6-8
Everyone signs one for the duration of peak & management uses these as the playbook for extra stops & pickups
They can’t keep people under 9.5 in the middle of summer
How the hell are they going to do all this
Lmao

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1. This is my third year as a PVD here in Florida. Last 3 weeks they are only giving me 2 days a week of work. Other PVDs seem to have steady work, They say not enough packages for me. Last year I worked about 60/hours a week. I think it is something personal coming from new road manager, a month on the job here from up north. I don't know who to complain/ask about lack of hours: anybody know the chain of command? I'm retired, but like the work and extra money I make, or used to make as a PVD. I don't want to take any work away from UPS regulars, but UPS is still hiring PVDs in my area.

2. Or if is really a lack of packages, that spells trouble for UPS regular drivers. And probably for UPS stock prices. Amazon's own delivery services, their own trucks and jets and non-union drivers are slicing the delivery pie too small. The Post Office drivers now work Sundays delivering only Amazon packages.
Find the “new road manager” whatever that is and tell him what you need

Or keep whining on the internet. Your choice