PVD drivers getting work when there are RPCD without even 100 stops

Steamer

They are pulling stops from cars to give PVD drivers work. I'm sure that they are laying off the seasonal drivers today too. This stuff needs to stop in the 2023 contract.

trickpony1

This is done to keep the PVD's coming back.
The same happens with the coyote feeder contractors.
If they aren't guaranteed work they won't come back.
The company can't/won't allow the pimped help to leave in the middle of peak.

Do I like it? NO.

Wish I could help.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They are pulling stops from cars to give PVD drivers work. I'm sure that they are laying off the seasonal drivers today too. This stuff needs to stop in the 2023 contract.
I noticed quite a few drivers who bitched about PVDs also were the same ones who came in an hour before their start times to massage their loads off the clock.
When given the choice to work until 6pm without my PVD driver or 1030pm on my own I always chose the former.

PT Car Washer

I noticed quite a few drivers who bitched about PVDs also were the same ones who came in an hour before their start times to massage their loads off the clock.
When given the choice to work until 6pm without my PVD driver or 1030pm on my own I always chose the former.
The Union several years ago put a stop to drivers coming in early to load their package cars off the clock. Taking work away from the PT preload. Had to threaten some with disciplinary action if they didn't stop.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The Union several years ago put a stop to drivers coming in early to load their package cars off the clock. Taking work away from the PT preload. Had to threaten some with disciplinary action if they didn't stop.
Not in my old center. Spent the last couple years in porters and would notice the same guys coming in early everyday. Tried to talk some sense into them and even threatened to file for the "extra" work involved but ultimately didn't want to work that hard.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Someone should put in a grievance. Watch how fast management stops that.

UPSER1987

Take advantage of an easy Monday then.

This is why UPS makes business decisions irregardless of employees feelings. Too much, too little..can’t please anyone. May as well do what makes most sense when it makes most sense.

Enjoy your easy Monday!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if they dont keep busy for the next two weeks, we will be totally :censored2:ed christmas week

FT drivers meanwhile aren't going anywhere anyways

cry more about it

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
In my experience, it’s the guys that depend on OT that are freaking out about PVDs right now. Get your money straight, and this becomes a two month long necessary evil.
Yes yes

Send me alllllllll the pvd's who need to earn money to get the roaches out of their cars.

542thruNthru

Are they demanding their guaranteed 8 hours or are they going home because they only want to do their work and nothing else?